The Vice President of Merchandising reports to the Chief Merchandising & Experience Officer and is a key member of the management committee responsible for leading the development, implementation and communication of the Merchandising strategic vision for Starboard. The Vice President will lead the Merchandising teams in the consistent execution of the strategies that achieve and exceed the business plan. As one of the leaders of the Merchandising teams the Vice President is responsible for developing, coaching and motivating the Merchandising teams to achieve operational excellence, ensuring that all business opportunities are maximized to their fullest potential.
- Responsible for the development of long range Merchandising strategies, focusing on globalization and differentiation satisfying the customer needs and achieving profitable growth initiatives.
- Works with the Merchandising teams to determine which strategies will improve gross margin dollars and turnover of categories through effective management of merchandising decisions/assortment plans/financial goals.
- Communicates Merchandising strategies to executive team ensuring agreement with, and support of, the strategies and that they are properly aligned with the company strategic plan.
- Coaches and guides the Merchandising teams to develop and leverage itinerary/passenger specific merchandise opportunities and to provide guidance and direction in the achievement of newness in merchandise assortment.
- Directs the differentiation of merchandise assortment and promotional merchandise across cruise line brands.
- Capitalizes on merchandise sourcing and product development opportunities.
- Develops and coaches management team for continuous skill improvement.
- Ensures effective results in succession planning strategies.
- Promotes team building and motivates for achievement of business results.
- Holds team accountable for performance management and development.
- Hires high quality talent.
- Collaborates and builds strong relationships with the cruise line revenue partners and vendors.
- Works effectively between departments, most frequently with the Supply Chain and Operations groups.
- Influences to integrate department goals and actions to the company plan.
- Builds and supports profitable, productive relationships with vendors.
Job Requirements :
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have proven experience developing and executing merchandising strategies that maximize revenue and profitability.
- Senior level leadership experience in developing people/teams is critical
- Must have strong financial and retail acumen.
- Minimum 15years experience, include leading the execution of the assortment and merchandise management strategies.
- Experience with a specialty retailer highly preferred.
- Global business experiencepreferred
- International and domestic travel is required.
- Strategic Thinking
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Inspirational Leadership
- Creating Synergy
- Attracting & Developing Talent
- Communicating effectively
- Integrity and trust