The Vice President, Marketing reports to the company's EVP Strategic Marketing and manages a group of 10-15 marketing specialists providing range of marketing functions: marketing campaign planning and activation, digital marketing, communications, regional field marketing, account-based marketing, channel partner marketing and outbound marketing services. In this position, the Vice President, Marketing leads the Outbound Marketing Leadership Council, a cross-organization marketing leadership team, comprised of the outbound marketing managers from each of our Business Units.
In addition, the Vice President, Marketing works closely with each Business Unit Product Management and Product Marketing team, each of which reports to a Marketing Manager or General Manager, and provides:
· Direction and guidance on marketing plans and campaigns planning and execution, cross-business strategic initiatives,
· Shared marketing services; and
· Professional development and training in (outbound) marketing
- Marketing Experience in Product or Service Development Company: At least 12 years work experience leading a marketing organization in a business-to-business (B2B) technology company that developed, marketed and sold products or services, with breadth and depth of experience in: business planning, marketing program planning & execution, account-based marketing, channel partner marketing, digital marketing automation, and transition to subscription-based offerings and professional services.
- Telecommunication Industry Experience: At least 10 years work experience in the telecommunications industry in vendors, operators or large enterprises.
- Industry Connectivity: Has a strong network of contacts in industry companies and organizations, analysts, marketing tools, vendors and professional marketing organizations.
- Marketing Professional People & Organization Management: Demonstrated experience managing distributed teams of marketing professionals.
- International Working Experience: In-depth understanding of cultural, business practices and people management in different regions: North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field; preferable a Master's in Business Administration (MBA).
Your role in helping us shape the future: Lead Spirent's corporate marketing organization with responsibility for outbound marketing across the company -- business units, sales regions and shared service groups.
- Brand Development: Shape and communicate Spirent's brand and develop messaging and collateral, such as presentations, videos and case studies to communicate our value proposition and demonstrate our customer impact. Review, refine and approve brand guidelines.
- Value Proposition and Competitive Differentiation: Strengthen the formulation, realization and communication of our key value propositions and sustained competitive differentiation.
- Marketing Programs & Campaigns Planning and Management: Provide processes and practices for marketing program and campaign planning and activation across strategic initiatives and major business areas across our business units and global sales regions. Allocate and manage (outbound) marketing program budgets. Coordinate programs to maximize impact and balance investment and impact.
- Digital Marketing: Develop digital marketing and automation practices, infrastructure and people.
- Communications: Create our strategy and plans for communication to our industry, customers, analysts and media. Select and manage communication agencies. Develop our key messages for target business opportunities. Select influential people and develop our relationship with them. Train and prepare our spokespeople.
- Regional Field Marketing: Plan and execute regional marketing plans tailored to their regional situation & outlook, business targets, strategy and Go-To-Market strategy and plans.
- Company (Internal) Communications: Contribute to and prepare presentations and speaker notes for earnings announcements, Annual Report, corporate presentations and videos. Prepare regular all-employee messages about customers and marketing events.
- Professional Development: Organize periodic Outbound Marketing Leadership Team Workshops. Provide opportunities and resources for professional development in marketing. Seek marketing training and certifications.
- Shared Marketing Services: Organize and optimize marketing services for the whole company: tradeshows, lead generation & conversion, public relations, analyst relations, social media, speaker placement, website, print & creative, event logistics.
- Marketing Systems and Processes: Develop the architecture and design of Spirent's MarTech tools, associated policies and practices, and people qualification and training.