Vice President of Marketing
(We are only considering talent based in the Greater St. Louis area. Please do not apply if you do not live in the area.)
NewGround is the industry thought leader in strategy, innovative design, and project management, and has been for over 100 years. We help financial institutions master the power of their space to create the next generation workplace and retail solutions. NewGround's operational headquarters is in Saint Louis and we maintain offices in Chicago, Honolulu, and Waterloo, Ontario, with a regional presence throughout the U.S. and Canada.
We are searching for a passionate and energetic leader of our marketing team with proven skills in marketing strategy development, solutions marketing, and B2B marketing experience. This VP Marketing role will lead and grow our marketing team and will be responsible for the development and implementation of NewGround’s brand strategy and marketing programs with a significant focus on our digital channel expansion, email marketing and lead generation. Reporting to our President/CEO, you will be part of our leadership team and will provide strategic planning and leadership to the drive growth of the company. If you are a dynamic leader with excellent communication skills, are creative and innovative and can execute rapidly in a collaborative environment, this is your opportunity!
- General Skills:Servant Leader focused on serving team members as well as clients ahead of personal agenda
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 8-12 years of experience in a strategic marketing management role
- Dynamic public speaking and strong interpersonal communications skills
- Board or senior management presentation experience
- Primary Responsibilities: Manage our overall client experience with the company, creating new programs, streamlining internal processes and procedures all focused on enhancing our client experiences
- Develop and manage annual marketing business strategy and budget
- Develop NewGround’s next generation digital strategy and implementation plan to grow our digital presence
- Create and implement lead generation programs
- Create and implement the company’s brand and go-to-market strategy
- Support the Business Development team as needed to secure new business
- Establish and manage companywide brand standards across all channels of communication
- Manage the company CRM database
- Manage corporate communications to assure our voice and message is consistent across all channels
- Conduct a quarterly marketing update meeting with the NewGround leadership team to inform of key marketing initiatives and brainstorm new programs
- Develop deep relationships with key industry trade associations
- Manage public speaking engagements through the development of speaking topics, identify qualified speakers and promote to trade associations to secure both physical and virtual engagements
- Client/prospect tours - create new programs focused on enhancing the client/prospect tours of the St. Louis and Chicago offices to maximize the client experience
- Care Assessments: continue to manage post project care assessments
- Expectations:Meet and or exceed business development goals
- A team player who brings value to clients and co-workers
- Able to maintain a “can do” attitude
- Exemplify Servant Leadership
- Experience and Educational Prerequisites:Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of B2B marketing experience including digital channels, email marketing, lead generation and public speaking required
- Experience in architecture, design and construction preferred
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
- Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 25 of our 125 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to the community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.