Our clients’ Vice President, Marketing and Business Development is responsible for providing senior-level, strategic leadership and direction over the sales and marketing functions. The Vice President, Marketing & Business Development will serve as a member of the leadership team and must uphold our values at all times. The position will supervise sales and marketing personnel across multiple locations. The VP will be home based, so no relocation is necessary. Specifically, the Vice President, Marketing & Business Development responsibilities include:
- Develop and foster a deep understanding of our target markets and clients, both similarities and differences, and ensure that the organization’s solutions and approaches address the shifting needs and align effectively.
- Adapt practices to market trends and industry competition to ensure achievement of financial objectives, drive decision-making, and create sustained revenue growth and brand strength.
- Identify new target markets and opportunities and develop results-focused plans to aggressively pursue these new opportunities.
- Strengthen relationships with clients and find ways to increase incremental revenue within existing accounts and grow new accounts by developing and implementing salespromotions.
- Act as the primary representative for the company’s largest and most critical clients.
- Track and report sales pipeline, activities and sales results. Utilize sales trends for analysis, forecasting and strategic planning.
- Build partnerships with associations, distributors, and other companies that will extend our capability and reach.
MARKETING AND LEAD GENERATION
- Continuously build and promote the organization’s brand in order to enhance our image and presence in key markets.
- Manage the development and production of a wide-variety of marketing and sales communication materials and tools.
- Effectively apply proven direct marketing methods, both digital and traditional, in order to accelerate growth and learning about our clients and prospects.
- Manage all social media platforms to ensure content drives engagement, a positive experience, and encourages the organization’s community to participate and share.
- Establish and maintain an effective, consistent system for generating and identifying leads and communicating opportunity profiles to the appropriate team members.
- Ensure brand consistency, including design and voice, internally and externally.
- Establish and manage targets and goals for the sales and marketing teams; outline objectives and strategies to achieve goals to drive revenue retention and growth.
- Recruit and develop top performing Business Development and Marketing teams.
- Develop compensation incentives and packages that create drive and motivation and supports targets.
- Create development and growth opportunities for the teams; acquire the necessary talent for expansion and bench strength.
- Foster a culture that is achievement-oriented, reflects the Company's values and supports the development of a high-performance culture
- Manage budgets, schedules and priorities in support of initiatives, taking into account the appropriate level of resources, target audience, type of media and materials.
- Coordinate with other members of the Leadership Team as appropriate to ensure smooth operation between functions and to recommend improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A well-rounded professional career progression which must include both Marketing and Business Development exposure; a mixture of small/large -sized company
- Proven personal leadership, people management and change management experience skills
- Ability to effectively manage personnel in multiple locations
- Ability to effectively support and influence senior management across multiple locations.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker able to help plan business growth and development.
- Communication skills are as important as analytical skills
- Practical approach to management with the ability to interact with, obtaining information from, and make presentations to various levels of internal and external customers
A significant amount of travel is necessary, including international.