The Vice President of Manufacturing Operations is responsible for the timely, efficient and economical production of products that meet or exceed quality standards and achieve company goals and objectives. He or she will be solely responsible to lead the manufacturing organization, utilizing advanced methods, such as, lean production and continual improvement techniques in conformance with FDA regulations. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Manufacturing Operations will work with leaders from the Commercial organization to establish and meet or exceed the Production Schedule. In addition to achieving the production schedule, he or she will lead continuing improvement efforts to improve manufacturing yields, reduce materials cost and improve productivity. Additionally, he or she will collaborate with leaders from appropriate parts of the organization to contribute to the creation and updates of the product roadmap. This position requires diverse operations management experience: strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, performance monitoring and reporting, personnel management, team building, team management, growth management, corporate compliance, streamlining, client management, operations workflows as well as knowledge of and compliance with company policies and guidelines.
Key responsibilities are directing the company’s manufacturing activities, including production operations, manufacturing engineering, materials management and equipment/facilities maintenance, to ensure maximum effectiveness is obtained for the production of quality products within specified time and budgetary guidelines. This position is accountable to ensure products meet or exceed quality standards, required delivery schedules are met, and leadership is provided in continuous improvement activities to successfully enable scalability while achieving corporate goals of quality, cost, and delivery.
- Create strategic relationships with all internal leaders and associates to design and execute manufacturing strategies and process improvements focused on improving manufacturing processes and yields as well as reducing manufacturing costs through innovative methodologies and established manufacturing principles such as, 5S, Lean, Single Piece Flow, and Six Sigma.
- Improve operating margins by establishing, measuring, and meeting goals related, but not limited to on time delivery, cycle time reduction, yield improvement, internal rework and improved throughput.
- Develop capacity planning strategies and define and implement the means to leverage existing electronic systems for improved prediction of resource needs.
- Champion data-driven, continuous improvement efforts, in a solutions-oriented environment. Propose and support new ideas and help to implement them.
- Formulate policies, programs, and objectives regarding the production schedule, product quality, and cost of manufactured products; maintain a shared accountability for gross margin with strong financial acumen to deliver on cost targets.
- Collaborate with the Product Development and Research functions on new product development, pilot operations, implementation of manufacturing capability and design transfer.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and most importantly – inspiration ? to the Director of Manufacturing, Sr. Manager of Materials Management, Director of Business Process Excellence as well as the entire department and peers
- 15+ years progressive manufacturing operations, leadership and strategy experience in low to medium volume manufacturing environments; demonstrated working knowledge of FDA QSRs and applicable ISO standards, such as ISO13485
- Knowledge and deployment of state-of-the-art manufacturing practices (including continuous flow and batch processes) as well as quality and continuous improvement techniques, strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication, interpersonal effectiveness, and leadership
- Demonstrated leadership in Manufacturing Operations of complex electro?mechanical devices; 5S, Lean, Six Sigma or other TQM process improvement. Current Six SigmaBlack Beltpreferred
- Demonstrated leadership in leveraging world class ERP, PLM, MES tools to optimize capacity planning, material movement, shop floor management, and reporting required.
- Must be a hands on,experienced business systems software user.
- Specific experience in IFS, EtQ and SalesForce, highly beneficial
- Strong combination of business operations, quality, continuous improvement, process development and program management experience to provide unique and ‘cross industry’ business solutions.
- Ability to establish, extend, and maintain trust with all stakeholders – customers, business partners, investors and coworkers – will be key in this essential role.
- Ability to lead and mentor staff to achieve significant results
- Excellent team building, communication, verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Possess high professional ethics, good judgment, and ability to take decisive action.