The VP of Loyalty directs AARP’s vision for loyalty and leads the execution of strategies that drive satisfaction, learning, and Member/brand value through AARP’s loyalty program, Rewards for Good. S/he implements initiatives that use Rewards for Good as the anchor to grow and shape AARP’s social mission and drive meaningful impact in Members’ lives. S/he is a trailblazer who leads the vision for threading the program across the Association and leveraging it as a delighter in the Membership experience. The VP of Loyalty operates a best-in-class program – one where customer centricity, continued improvement, and value creation are paramount.
- Develops and oversees the vision, strategic plan, and operating plan for Rewards for Good.
- Responsible for expanding the reach and impact of Rewards for Good across the Association and our Members and prospects.
- Owns the ‘what’s next?’ for the program by identifying opportunities for enhancements and evolution.
- Provides leadership and creative thinking to the analysis of market trends, research, and data.
- Maintains, develops, and seeks industry knowledge and best practices for loyalty, engagement, and gamified learning,
- Serves as AARP’s loyalty and gamified learning subject matter expert, and is a resource for business units in the Association to leverage for insights, strategy, and execution of loyalty initiatives.
- Acts as a spokesperson and ambassador for Rewards for Good.
- Ensures the program is operating in excellence, including resourcing, processes, and technology.
- Will lead a team of 3 or more to ensure the successful execution of Rewards for Good’s strategy as well as overall oversight of a cross-functional matrix team that spans Product/Design, Customer Service, Project Management, and Development.
- Will be responsible for building out a loyalty organization that corresponds with the scope and scale of the vision of Rewards for Good and long-term loyalty at AARP.
- Manages the operations and marketing of Rewards for Good, ensuring adherence to the program’s mission while achieving key performance measures.
- Interfaces with a cross-functional team needed to successfully execute program initiatives, including groups like Editorial, Advocacy, ASI, and the Foundation.
- Maintains a customer-centric focus in all program touch points and owns voice of the customer (VOC) and customer research initiatives.
- Serves as the key contact for agency partners, negotiates contracts, and ensures compliance with contract deliverables and SLAs.
- Manages a multi-million dollar annual budget with a focus on achieving positive return on Enterprise spend.
- Oversees program analytics including key performance indicators (KPIs), dashboard objectives, optimization, performance insights and analysis, segmentation, and customer satisfaction.
- Owns program value creation, including identifying new revenue streams and exploring alternate approaches to measuring value and enhancing ROI.
- Oversees the program’s P&L.
- Acts as an AARP brand steward for Rewards for Good and ensures adherence and conformance to AARP brand policies/directions.
- Upholds and advances AARP’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Ensures the program supports AARP Experience principles and enhances the Member experience.
- 15 or more years of progressive experience in Marketing, Communications, Product Development, Product Management, Digital Marketing, e-commerce, or a related discipline.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or a related discipline (advanced degreedesired).
- Requires extensive knowledge of loyalty and retention principles and vehicles, specifically lifecycle marketing, loyalty programs, and gamification.
- Track record of success in product management, retail, or product development is strongly desired.
- Comes to the Association with a deep understanding of the digital loyalty landscape.
- Strategic and critical thinker, comfortable using qualitative and quantitative information to make decisions and solve problems.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Self-motivated, confident, with a collaborative work-style.
- Strong writing and speaking skills, with a high comfort level presenting to C-suite executives.
- Advanced leadership, communications, and team-building skills with the ability to motivate teams through both direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Proficient at building and developing talent.
- Proven success leading teams and empowering them to make business decisions and solve challenges.
- Experience working within a matrixed organization where success was dependent on influence if not direct control.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle several projects concurrently, often under tight deadlines.
- Experience managing agencies and brand partners, including contract negotiation
- Demonstrated financial, budgeting, sales and marketing acumen.