Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
We are looking for a Divisional Vice President of Loss Prevention to provide strategic leadership and direction to the Loss Prevention division. In this role, you will provide management and oversight while demonstrating a commitment to excellence at all times. You will also collaborate with senior leadership to meet the company’s objectives.
- Develop Company Loss Prevention strategy and execute the strategic plan. Ensure that the Company’s Loss Prevention programs and standards are progressive and effective.
- Create and develop short and long-term goals, objectives, and priorities for the company’s Loss Prevention functions.
- Collaborate with key business unit leaders to determine the organization’s Loss Prevention needs to accomplish business objectives.
- Develop or update policies and guidelines, manage budgets and all processes related.
- Oversee all Loss Prevention field operations and provide leadership and guidance to Regional Loss Prevention Team and others.
- Maintain frequent communication and guidance with Loss Prevention Leaders.
- Ensures that department or functional area meets policies and procedures. Aligns business unit with business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10+ years related experience, including at least 5 years of prior leadership experience.
- Certification in area of chosen expertise preferred; appropriate certifications could include Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS), Associate Risk Management (ARM), Certified Safety and Health Management (CSHMS), Associate Loss Control Management (ALCM) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST).
- AIC, CPCU designation and/or additional insurance certification preferred.
Job ID 24508