Southwest Gas is seeking a dynamic technology leader who works comfortably in an innovative culture. The VP, Head of Technology Services' responsibilities include:
- Creating a technology vision (3-5 years) that will support Southwest Gas's business objectives. This vision must be tightly integrated with the current business strategy and existing systems.
- Implement the strategy, technology, process and human capital capable of supporting a scalable, functional and reliable product offering that increases Southwest Gas's success in the markets they serve.
- Work with executive management to understand business drivers, market requirements and competitive issues that may impact departmental strategies.
- Partner with the business leaders to drive the technology organization to consistently address customer, business and technology needs while delivering scalable, easy-to-use technology solutions.
- Work closely with the business and technology leaders to create a transparent, logical and effective system for managing the technology priorities/investments.
- Build overall processes and implement best practices for technology within Southwest Gas without compromising the organization's ability to be nimble or innovative.
- Develop a technology roadmap that is capable of scale, identifying potential areas of risk while meeting business and technology needs.
- Lead the technology organization to be accountable to the business for specific product/technology deliverables, site functionality and performance.
- Lead all aspects of the applications software development life cycle, including functional requirements analysis, design specification, technical code review, project planning, quality assurance and implementation.
- Manage internet data center operations, content management system, 24x7 technical support, network operations, SAN operations, vendor relationships, operating budget and disaster recovery planning.
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements, ascertain priorities and report progress. This includes reviewing business requirements, technical specifications and providing progress reports for all projects.
- Lead technical innovation through deep and current technical expertise across all aspects of technology, including systems administration, software development, database design, quality assurance and most importantly architecture.
- Must have a broad understanding of a variety of different technology platforms with a blend of open source and packaged products. Creating a long-term technology vision that would include a single, flexible, secure, mobile, agile and open platform which Southwest Gas could leverage for many years.
- Promote a culture of collaboration, accountability, innovation, entrepreneurship, and overall excellence within the technology organization.
- Manage Southwest Gas's key IT vendor relationships.
- Talent magnet. A leader who can attract, recruit and retain the right technology talent and skills that the organization may be lacking.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise IS Management and team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Lead, develop and enhance all facets of IT security at Southwest Gas, bringing a knowledge base from prior experiences and particular expertise around Cyber and IOT functions.
Qualifications & Experience
Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be a visionary, broad business leader and team builder. They will have the personal drive, passion and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate in an evolving business environment.
- Progressively responsible experience at the senior management level.
- Strong process management orientation. Working knowledge of business process interaction and information flow. Ability to analyze business operations and processes to understand their relationships
- Demonstrated ability to adapt technical solutions to complex business processes and strategies.
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring multiple work teams in the design, development, installation or maintenance of large-scale, consumer-facing systems along with the internal support systems is required.
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy, priorities, and objectives that drive optimal results in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Experience developing, implementing and enforcing departmental methodologies and policies.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into project deliverables.
A Bachelor's degree would be the minimal educational requirement, with an advanced degree and/or an MBA preferred.