The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for providing overall strategic human resources leadership to create a well-functioning organization. This position includes the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs and services related to employee relations; employment practices; compensation and benefits; recruitment, hiring and orientation; training and development; retention; performance management; employee/management dispute resolution; legal and regulatory compliance; and employee communications.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 15 + years experience
- SPHR certification preferred
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Human Resource Compliance and Oversight - Develop, monitor and ensure compliance of company policies and procedures according to federal and state laws and regulations. Address grievances and identify solutions to resolve workplace problems and participate in coaching, disciplining, and termination decisions.
- Compensation and Benefits Management - Develop competitive salary, bonus and benefits programs through annual industry review to attract and retain top–quality employees and work with management in determining appropriate compensation levels for employees including compensation and bonus review process.
- Recruitment and Hiring Services - Manage recruitment and hiring processes and procedures including effective onboarding and employee orientation practices. Develop and maintain active hiring database and recruitment process for full range of company positions including executive level.
- Professional and Leadership Development - Develop, implement, and monitor effective performance management practices and procedures. Develop and participate in strategic training and development programs that meet the personal, professional, and organizational needs of the company and our employees including officer development, project management, client management, supervisor, leadership, emerging partner and practice development programs.
- Department Oversight and Company Communications - Manage HR staff, as well as office implementation, in meeting the human resources services including creation of goals, monitoring of performance in meeting expectations, department budgets and effective “customer” services. Provide leadership in communicating with all corporate departments and offices.