Candidates must come from automotive industry and previous/current Vice President role. Public Relations and Governmental Affairs required.
The position is responsible for managing public relations and governmental affairs. The VP of HR will develop and deploy positive employee relations systems, processes and training throughout all operations, as well as implement effective compensation strategies, practices and processes that promote, facilitate and support the accomplishment of the strategic business objectives. The successful candidate will drive HR functional excellence in these areas by ensuring consistent application of policies, practices and principles in support of company's values and philosophies.
- Develop and enforce standardized workplace policies and practices that ensure compliance with Philosophy Work Practices and/or local legal requirements worldwide.
- Assist facilities in identifying and eliminating high risk practices
- Approve job evaluations and coordinate with corporate resources to make sure that inter-group consistency is maintained.
- Provides training on compensation related topics to help ensure that employees understand and utilize sound and legally defensible compensation strategies and practices.
- Provide a consulting resource to Regional HR Directors and HR Managers on employee relations and compensation topics, issues, etc.
- Partner with regions in designing and implementing new compensation strategies to effectively reward employees for performance while simultaneously improving the competitiveness of the company
- Candidate must have bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Candidate must have a minimum of seven (7) years Human Resources experience
- Candidate must have PR and governmental affairs experience
- Should possess ethics and values; be widely trusted; direct and truthful, with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and gain confidence
- Demonstrate broad functional HR competence in multiple functions, such as: compensation, employee relations, contract administration, etc
- Must be able to consult and advise Group, Plant, Divisional and Operational staff on HR/Employee Relations and Compensation issues
- Possess a confident demeanor with the ability to gain the confidence of others, with demonstrated facilitation and influence skills. Must possess a high level of integrity
- Be an effective communicator, who is comfortable in a high visibility position and who will act and empower for appropriate organizational change