A premier Property & Casualty insurer has retained The Carlisle Group seeking to hire a talented Vice President of Human Resources. This role, reporting to the President & CEO, will be the lead HR executive in the organization. The client is seeking an executive with strong emotional intelligence who can strengthen the human resources function of their organization. This role will be ideal for a proactive, engaging, and highly knowledgeable HR professional that wants to help a company achieving significant growth.
The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s HR operations. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals. Will take on broader projects and responsibility from time to time at the direction of the President-CEO. Serves as a business and strategic leader of the Company to align with the corporate vision.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- In conjunction with the General Counsel, ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level HR staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Leadership Responsibility and Commitment:
As an Officer of the Company this position is foundational to the leadership at the company. Leadership is owned by the members of the Executive Team. It is imperative for our top leaders to embrace and enact decisions that align with our Vision, Company Culture (ICARE) and Core Values by utilizing the following Leadership Traits:
- Strategic Thinking (Innovation & Empowerment)
- Communication and Relationship Building (Collaboration)
- Results Orientation (Accountability)
- Emotional Intelligence (Respect)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Normal office working conditions
- Regular pressure to properly exercise judgement to situations that could affect the Company
- Stress associated with meeting deadlines and conflict situations
- Some travel may be required
- Frequent use of computer keyboard and other technology
Broad supervision only. Generally judged on outcomes and results. Has broad discretion in determining best methods.
Supervision, guidance and leadership of the human resources team and function.