KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
The Vice President of Human Resources shall exhibit strong leadership presence and business acumen reporting to the President.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS
· Collaborates with the President and the executive leadership team in the development and implementation of Organizations Strategic and Operating Plans. Aligns business plans and HR strategies to meet company's people and talent needs.
· Instill and motivate a broader cultural desire across the organization to focus on the residents, with the objective of consistently improving the resident experience metrics through the recruitment, retention, and development of all associates aligned with company's strategies.
· The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for Leadership Development and Talent Management of the associates, including establishing a climate that contributes to a highly engaged and diverse workforce committed to Vision, Mission, Values, Core Beliefs, Service Philosophy, and Service Standards.
· Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation and rewards for effective associate engagement in collaboration with parent organization, HR Shared Services Operations.
· Ensure a safe and secure working environment for associates, including effective space utilization aligned with workforce planning and in coordination with Facilities.
· Develop and execute a clear associates' communications strategy that is consistent across all aspects of external and internal communications and integrated with the corporate communications strategy.
· Develop and implement comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans, to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals and ensure focus on the skills and competencies outlined in the talent management program.
· Develop human resource models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to address those gaps to include talent management and succession planning programs, training and development programs to prepare associates for greater responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance associate knowledge and understanding of the business of the company.
· Function as the key strategic Human Resources business and trusted advisor to the President and the Executive Leadership Team.
· Responsible for oversight and implementation of organizational change management and/or work force management initiatives.
· Works with Leadership and HR staff on performance related issues, promotions and restructuring of departments and job responsibilities. Analyzes the job functions and design of job responsibilities from a strategic, workforce planning perspective.
· Advises executive management to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employment, compensation and training. Communicates with associates and management staff regarding HR policies.
· In collaboration with the SVP HR and the Shared Services HRDirector of Operations, ensure the accurate processing and payment of payroll, benefits, and compensation programs and plans.
· Maintain a visible leadership role in appropriate Industry, Professional and Community organizations.
Education – Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field preferred. Advanced HR Certifications preferred.
Experience - At least ten to fifteen years of relevant Human Resource experience with at least seven years of progressive management and leadership experience in HR functions. Strong human resources acumen and strong written and oral communications skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload with multiple deadlines. Skilled in planning and organizing work.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Steward of the Business – Drives Human Resources and People Strategies and owns the business. Clear understanding of organization, industry, constituents, and competitive markets. Sound business judgment. Service excellence mindset.
Delivers Results – Delivers strong business results. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Contributes towards achievement of corporate objectives. Cultivates a culture of accountability and sense of urgency.
Leadership Excellence – Proactively shapes the desired organizational culture. Inspires, appreciates, and empowers others. High emotional intelligence.
Communication and Influence – Communicates clearly and confidently. Listens, writes, and speaks effectively. Shares important information. Motivates action and commitment.
Leads Change – Inspires, leads, and executes organizational change. Continuously challenges the status quo. Role models adaptability. Gains buy-in for change efforts.
Strategic Perspective – Thinks "big picture." Understands broader context of the business. Anticipates what's ahead. Recognizes how leadership role drives organizational objectives.
Maximizes Effectiveness – Helps others perform at their best. Builds a high performing team. Proactively engages and retains staff. Strong, positive relationships with others.