DISH is currently looking for a Vice President of Human Resources, to lead a national HR Business Partner team. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer and supporting the DISH TV and Sling brands, and all corporate functions. The VP of HR will be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best talent as well as to position the company for future growth. Critically, the VP of HR will be an ambassador and champion of the DISH Culture, and foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
The VP of HR is responsible for the effective execution of DISH's HR strategy and the technical aspects to support a large, frontline and professional employee base across the U.S. In addition, the VP of HR provides professional advice and coaching to the senior leaders of the Sales, Legal, Marketing, Product, Programming, Finance, Accounting, Facilities, Sling TV, DISH TV and Retail Wireless organizations and is the primary interface between the other HR groups for talent development, succession planning, performance appraisals, benefits communications, and other key HR initiatives.
The VP of HR will have key focus areas involving:CULTURE
- Responsible for acting as the culture keeper for DISH's core values of Curiosity, Pride, Adventure and Winning.
- Recruits, educates, motivates, and rewards leaders and employees displaying behaviors consistent with DISH culture; this includes focusing on this culture during the recruiting efforts, performance management, leadership development, and rewards and recognition programs.
- Promotes an HR environment that balances the needs of employees, shareholders, and customers.
- Leads engagement planning and plan execution, builds strong relationships with employees and leaders to be the voice of the employee when developing HR strategy and guidelines, accountable for communicating to employees and leaders to drive commitment to HR, employee, and business initiatives.
- Accountable for increasing the leadership capabilities of the operations partners and the HR team through coaching, mentoring and supporting the implementation of DISH leadership programs.
Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leadership regarding professional development
- Provide advice and coaching to the senior leaders of field and corporate organizations
- Develop solutions to problems involving organizational design, incentive plans, employee relations, and succession planning
- Lead the HR teams in the field and at corporate, throughout the US, in becoming excellent business partners and helping them to solve problems
- Identify gaps in talent amongst the teams and help leadership devise a plan to close those gaps in order to prepare for future growth and sustainability
- Set the HR strategy and vision for the HR business partner teams focused on both company and organizational goals
Ideal Candidate Has:
- Energy- to be successful in this role you must have relentless energy in order to provide the best support to your team, your business partners, the organization and the company
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution and coaching others to handle situations
- Ability to appreciate and seek out the strengths, opinions, and ideas of a diverse population when formulating solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects for self and others while maintaining confidentiality
- 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, with at least 5 years at a senior manager level. A bachelor's degree in business, or equivalent experience.
- A proven track record within multiple HR disciplines: employee advocacy, employee relations, leadership development, and recruiting experience are most critical.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively and influence with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Ability to stand firm and remain committed when necessary and facilitate discussion and understanding when difficult decisions must be made and executed
- Ability to travel 20-40% of the time depending on business demands