The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE STRATEGY
The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is looking for a Vice President of HR Strategy to help propel us to the next level of excellence. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals. The successful candidate will collaborate with executive business leaders as well as with our Human Resources and Talent Acquisition team, to provide vision and direction to align HR strategy, business strategic objectives, and our core values.
- Work in partnership with the HR team to ensure excellence in the delivery of programs such as organizational development, workforce planning, performance management, career development, employee relations, employment law, compensation and benefits; as well as other programs to attract and retain talent
- Partner with HR and management teams to drive strategic HR change efforts within the organization; talent management, onboarding/offboarding, etc.
- Strategic Workforce Planning – including identifying the people and organizational implications of the business strategy, the identification and development of key talent, plans to close talent gaps and succession planning
- Implement and measure the effectiveness of initiatives aimed at supporting the performance, growth, reward, and engagement of all employees
- Act as an internal consultant to leaders, managers, and employees providing guidance on a wide range of organizational and change issues
- Organization and HR Planning – draft and implement the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department, identifying HR talent to close talent gaps and succession planning.
- Work with managers and employees in identifying and addressing performance related concerns
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to help identify effective sourcing and talent acquisition strategies
- Promote a health and safety culture by adhering to policies and procedures set out by our Health & Safety division
- Build strong rapport with all levels of the organization including senior management by being approachable, providing evidenced-based practices and showing your commitment to ongoing process improvement
Knowledge & Skills
- 10 or more years of progressive HR leadership in disciplines including, employment law, performance management, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, talent development, employee engagement and retention
- Proven track record of being able to assess business needs, develop solutions and implement with measured impact on the business
- Demonstrated success in leading change management initiatives
- Demonstrated experience and success in teamwork, fostering a collaborative environment to influence, coach and counsel employees
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution supervisory/leadership skills
- Personal flexibility and a proactive orientation. A thorough, working knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Knowledge and experience with varied HRIS applications
- Prior experience in the design/development and implementation of practices including but not limited to; Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging as well as implementing an Affirmative Action Plan
- Experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry preferred, but not required preferred
- Experience managing Merger and Acquisition activities a plus
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in related HR field preferred
- SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- SPHR or HRCI certification desired but not necessary