Vice President of Grain
5 - 7 years experience •
CHS Selection Services is working with a progressive member cooperative to help hire a Vice President of Grain to join their dynamic team. This position is located in beautiful Southern, Minnesota which lends itself as a popular area due to its numerous cultural and recreational opportunities.
The Vice President of Grain will manage the Grain Division as well as oversee and coordinate the purchase, storage, handling, and marketing of all grain transactions for the trade area. This position will optimize the market share and improve savings, increase the cooperative?s efficiency while elevating customer service.
- Manage profit and loss of division. Oversee costs of operations and develop strategies to reduce costs when possible.
- Directly supervise the grain department employees, including merchandisers, originators, and support.
- Oversee the origination and sale of grain from members to buyers along with the sales, service, and delivery staff. Assist when needed in personnel, merchandising, and originating.
- Build an aggressive sales culture in tandem with operations support to provide superior service to customers.
- Develop innovating pricing and marketing programs that maintain company profitability. Establish local grain prices and margins within the grain policy approved by the board of directors.
- Foster strong relationships with and provide consultation to large grain consumers and delivery points.
- Negotiate contracts with delivery points in favor of the company?s growth.
- Coordinate purchasing, receiving, shipping, and maintenance of grain quality and quantity. Assure proper grain storage and conditions at operating facilities.
- Work with Senior Vice President to prepare annual operating budget for the department. Seek board of director approval.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests based on long-term investment needs of the department.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal safety regulations. Work with HR and EHS when necessary.
- Manage, evaluate, and provide professional development opportunities for employees.
- Work collaboratively with administrative staff to achieve company-wide initiatives, including, profitability, cross-selling, communications, staffing, and safety.
- Adhere to company credit policy.
- Actively participate in trade-association groups in the best interest of the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree in Agriculture related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of pricing, marketing, and contracting of grain bushels
- 5+ years of experience with the Grain Merchandising and Elevator Operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of business practices relations to farming
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing a team
- Must be a reliable communicator
- Willingness to be a part of what it takes to be successful in a timely, safe and accurate manner
- Qualified applicants will have a skill set ranging from customer focused negotiation and execution to relationship driven customer service
This is an equal opportunity employer with excellent pay and benefits.