The Vice President Talent Management serves as a key member of the executive leadership team and is responsible for leading the enterprise strategy, development and execution of talent management programs aimed at enhancing business results and a high performance culture. This role will partner withHR leadership and executives to lead all talent-related activities including the governance, standards, processes and measurement surrounding: organizational effectiveness / transformation, talent acquisition, talent development, succession planning, performance management and workforce engagement.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Organizational Effectiveness & Transformation
- Establishes frameworks, standards and governance processes, while partnering with key stakeholders, to drive practical business solutions using the tools of organizational design, job design, and talent development
- Provides human capital management leadership to critical and organization-wide initiatives related to business process redesign, organizational design, job-design and change management.
- Assures appropriate processes are in place to assess due diligence of possible acquisitions, specifically assessing business goals, talent for appropriate fit, synergies and cultural match.
- Works closely with senior leadership to establish and implement effective change management strategies to capitalize on business investment while engaging the workforce.
- Oversees, develops, and implements a progressive program that clearly establishes job families, job descriptions and position levels that maintain competitive positioning, and provides for internal transparency for self-directed career planning and development.
- Influences organizational decision-making with relevant, value-added metrics and analyses and reports.
- Assists with associate engagement, retention, inclusion, and diversity strategy and activities.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive plan to build a sustainable talent pipeline for salaried positions.
- Partners with key stakeholders to develop, and launch talent acquisition and retention strategies and plans, including directing the design and implementation of the organization-wide employment programs for recruitment and retention strategies, enabling technology, candidate identification and selection methods, and diversity and inclusion strategies and measurements.
- Provides thought leadership, consulting and guidance to the lines of business to establish clear, concise and repeatable processes leading to effective hiring decisions at the salaried level.
- Creatively builds and delivers excellence in each stage of the talent acquisition process including: specifications of jobs, sourcing, employer branding, candidate engagement, and screening, selecting, hiring and on-boarding.
- Designs and provides for implementation, integrated talent management solutions including, coaching, individual development planning, talent reviews and ensures the quality of assessment, dialogue and follow-up across all levels of the organization.
- Provides strategies and resources to identify, guide and monitor progress of high potential employees and identifies positions that provide quality developmental opportunities.
- Coaches high potential leaders to attain greater leadership effectiveness and improved organizational performance.
- Establishes structures, processes, and tools to build coaching skills internally within the HR department to effectively coach and positively influence leadership and management skills which impact business results.
- Develop and drive the Company's succession planning process to engage and retain high potential and key talent.
- Partner with senior leaders to identify future leaders for the purpose of developing them for new and expanded roles, insuring the viability of business growth.
- Partner with HR Leadership and executive team to identify and develop strategies and action plans for successors.