GreenSky is one of the fastest growing Financial Technology companies in America. We make it easy for businesses of all sizes to offer credit to their customers with a fast and paperless solution. With billions of dollars in loans and hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers, GreenSky is quickly changing the consumer credit marketplace. We have a great team, are growing quickly, and are backed by some of the leading investors in the world.
Our corporate headquarters is located in the financial technology hub of Atlanta, GA.
Looking for great talent to help us continue our rapid growth!
Position:Vice President of Fraud Prevention and Mitigation
As a key member of the GreenSky leadership team, the VP of Fraud Prevention and Mitigation has senior management responsibility for protecting GreenSky, along with its customers, merchants, and bank partners from risks associated with fraud and identity theft. The VP of Fraud Prevention and Mitigation will be responsible for designing and implementing long term strategies designed to detect and mitigate the risk associated with fraud in all phases of the GreenSky business model. Additionally, this leader is responsible for the development of tactical fraud prevention and detection processes as well as oversight of the GreenSky Customer Protection team. It is imperative that the VP of Fraud Prevention demonstrates a combination of strong business acumen, practical knowledge of fraud detection and prevention in the financial services industry, and the ability to collaborate effectively across the enterprise. Strong analytical skills and superior results orientation are mandatory.
Travel: Minimal travel, if any is required.
Organizational: This position is a member of the Customer Protection team and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Risk Mitigation - The VP of Fraud Prevention and Mitigation will be responsible for designing and building high performance systems that identify and prevent fraudulent transactions and identity theft in the merchant and consumer portfolios. This will be achieved through a combination of automated and manual investigations and monitoring of the merchants and customers of our programs.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Analyze multiple data points in order to detect risk trends in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to work independently and make complex investigation decisions with little to no guidance.
- Team Building - The VP of Fraud Prevention and Mitigation will be responsible for building a world class risk management team providing the right mix of analysis, investigation, and tactical execution. This individual will be responsible for evaluation, coaching, driving and hiring top talent to make his/her vision a reality.
- Motivation & Goal Setting - The VP of Fraud Prevention and Mitigation is responsible for meeting or exceeding portfolio fraud loss objectives.
- Culture Development- This is a unique opportunity to create a winning loss prevention and risk mitigation culture within a business-critical department. Cultural success looks like Associates declining to take a recruiters’ call because they know they’re part of something special at GreenSky.
- Action Orientation - The VP of Fraud Prevention and Mitigation must leverage data, risk management experience, and a team of high performing investigators and fraud prevention specialists to quickly identify and eliminate fraud risk. Must display the ability to develop effective controls and processes as well as the desire to act quickly and decisively.
- Design of risk management architecture including, but not limited to: driving initiatives to achieve tactical and strategic objectives to detect and prevent fraudulent and high-risk transactions, reinforcing Company confidence in the eyes of legitimate customers, and serving as an analytical leader for new enterprises in fraud detection.
Experience and Skills:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven prior capabilities for safeguarding transaction and payment processing systems; monitoring, tracking, and managing risks to ensure long-term protection of stakeholder assets.
- Excellent individual problem-solving and analytical skills that are used to authenticate customers and merchant transactions with an ability to communicate complex transactional issues correctly and clearly to senior management.
- Ability to determine situational needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Seven (7) + years of successful risk management experience, with leadership, strategic, and fraud prevention experience in the financial services industry.
- A demonstrated track record of innovation in ways to identify fraud and mitigate loss. Proven team leadership and collaboration skills required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, marketing, management, or related field required. Master's preferred.
- Self-starter willing to put in the hours necessary to excel.
- Job Tracking ID: 512446-608966