Objective / Purpose / Summary
At the Kessler Collection, the culinary experience is anticipated to exceed the inspiring places our guests enjoy. Achieving this level of exuberance through our Food & Beverage experience is critical to our success as a company. As a key member of the executive leadership team, this incumbent will be responsible for the development and execution of the overall vision of the Food & Beverage program for all outlets under the Kessler Collection umbrella.
- Direct supervision of the Corporate Director of Food & Beverage Quality
- Direct management and coordination of food & beverage consultants and other related third parties.
Minimum Qualifications (Confirmable Formal Education, Certifications, Licenses & Work/Industry Experience)
- Culinary degree – preferred.
- Four-year business degree or comparable education and relevant experience - required.
- Experience developing successful culinary concepts for luxury outlets – required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in progressive Food & Beverage roles (minimum 3 years at the executive level) with proven outcomes managing multiple concepts and outlets – required.
- Experience working with local, regional and national vendors - required.
- Advanced experience and understanding of luxury hotel and stand-alone restaurant operations – required.
- Experience with outlet openings – required.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Solid history of leadership effectiveness that demonstrates results in a growth organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, vendors, employees, executive leadership team and ownership.
- Proven record of effective written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge developing strategies, unique products, concepts and delivery.
- Proven ability to develop and lead diverse work teams across multi-functional areas.
- Proven successful ability to take concepts from inception to implementation in luxury dining across multiple venues.
- Excellent financial acumen with prior P&L responsibilities.
- Ability to think creatively with a keen awareness of trends and opportunities.
- Successful ability to self-motivate, self-direct, problem solve and achieve desired results.
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, accounting & management expertise related to food and beverage management; to include, inventory control, product cost, waste management.
- Thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local health regulations.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Develops, implements, and maintains the strategic vision of the overall food & beverage program.
- Defines and refines culinary concepts per outlet, coordinating with marketing, training, and leadership teams to ensure the story of each outlet is communicated consistently to our guests and Grand Performers.
- Conducts menu tastings to ensure alignment with company vision, standards, and specific outlet business plan.
- Ensure maximization of food and beverage revenues and profits for all outlets.
- Analyzes trends and prepares critical measurements to ensure competitive advantage in industry and specific markets.
- Implements food and beverage financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends and variances; develops budgets and capital expenditure plans; develops action plans, measures and analyzes results, minimizing the impact of variances.
- Collaborates with Ownership, Corporate Executives, General Managers, Executive Chefs and Directors of Food & Beverage at all locations.
- Controls F&B supplies by meeting with sales representatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions to achieve results.
- Maintains safe, secure, legal and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing sanitation and quality of food and beverage preparation and service standards and procedures; monitors conformance to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; enforcing sanitation and legal regulations of all kitchens, bars and service areas.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
- Regularly required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods to complete deskwork.
- Regularly required to use computer/keyboard, and mobile communication devices.
- Regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs, reach with hands and arms.