****POSITION LOCATED IN HARTFORD CT AREA - Relocation Offered
Vice President, Finance
The VP of Finance is responsible for leading worldwide financial function and for workingcollaboratively with the president and senior staff to set strategy and drive business results as measured by policy deployment, KPI performance and CVD achievement. This position reports directly to the President with a dotted line to the CFO.
- Partner with President to drive business results, analyze business performance and develop actions plans and/or countermeasures to achieve targets.
- Report financial results to senior leadership.
- Lead financial planning and analysis process, including developing forecasts, budgets, &
- strategic plans.
- Lead accounting and controllership processes, including closings, HFM submissions and compliance
- Manage components of working capital to increase the company's free cash flow.
- Manage the company's investment analysis and decision-making process on capital, new product or
- marketing expenditures
- Lead, coach, and develop a global finance team to execute the responsibilities noted above.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree in finance/ accounting; MBA & CPApreferred.
- 10 years of financial management experience with a majority in manufacturing environments.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Technical excellence and process orientation in finance & accounting with experience in US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls.
- Strong business acumen, aptitude and business savvy. Ability to recognize business trends, proactively identify potential future challenges, and recommend and execute actions to address.
- Results focused with ability to balance future business investment needs and current financial commitments.
- High level of personal drive and sense of urgency. Demonstrated history of meeting business deadlines and holding finance/business team accountable for deliverables.
- Sets the bar high and drives continuous improvement across all functions. Challenges team to think differently about strategic business opportunities.
- Possesses attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Strong leadership and followership skills, including the ability to lead through influence and work with cross-
- functional teams,
- Capable of leading, developing and coaching a professional workforce. Demonstrated success in
- developing people & building bench strength / successors.
- Highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Ability to travel periodically both domestically and internationally.
- Desired: SOX, GAAP, CPA
- OTHER FUNCTIONS
• May be assigned additional projects and responsibilities at the sole discretion of the President and the CFO.