Vice President of Finance - Accounting
15+ years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Finance – Accounting will have primary responsibility for all core finance functions, including accounting and financialreporting, income taxes, treasury and cash management and oversight of internal audit activities. Additionally, this position has oversight responsibility for the finance and accounting activities of subsidiaries of the organization. This individual will be the primary interface between clients on all financialreporting and tax matters.
- Management of the monthly and quarterly accounting and financialreporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate submission of financial statements. This includes review and approval of all financial statements, accounting consolidations, management letters and disclosure schedules.
- Assessing current accounting operations to identify opportunities for improvement, implement new processes as needed, and ensure the integrity of the company’s financial information in accordance with Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Serve as the primary point of contact with executive team on accounting, tax and finance matters.
- Work directly with the VP of Finance – Operations, to maintain accounting policies at the operations level in accordance with GAAP, and develop and implement new policies as required by changes in the business or applicable accounting standards.
- Management of all aspects of financing, including negotiation of terms of credit agreements; management of lender relationships; evaluation and recommendation of changes in lending relationships as necessary.
- Monitoring of cash position and directing the investment / movement of funds in offset accounts to maximize returns.
- Directing the activities of the internal tax manager and the external firm performing the outsourced tax function for quarterly provisions and compliance work. Additional responsibilities in this area include review and approval of quarterly tax provisions and disclosures; review of quarterly tax estimates; high level review of tax returns and return to accruals prior to submission of returns.
- Supervision the day-to-day activities of the Director of Internal Audit and management of the outsourced audit relationship; working with the CEO, VP of Finance - Operations, and Regional Controllers on risk assessment and audit selection process; review of internal auditreports and findings.
- Management of the external audit relationship and annual audit.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Corporate Controller, Director of Facilities and Deputy General Counsel on all matters related to operations, including purchase and sale of properties; review and approval of rent computations; negotiation, review and approval of internal and external lease agreements; establishing terms of intercompany loans with subsidiaries.
- Direct and oversee the annual management company forecast process.
- Review and approval of the accounting treatment for all minority shareholder stock sales and repurchases.
- Special projects as requested by the CEO
- Member of the Facilities Construction and Litigation Review Committees.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting, including tax-related matters.
- Minimum 15years’ managerial experience in accounting and finance-related roles (which may include public accounting) including supervisory responsibility for multiple personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills in order to direct the activities of the department and external service providers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to different constituencies within the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal requiredsupervision.
- The candidate must have the ability and willingness to get involved in details as needed, while understanding the overall big picture of the function and organization.