The Business Unit Leader will lead & direct the Business Unit Team. With alignment from Department / Function leaders, the Business Unit Leaders will determine & direct the day to day priorities of Business Unit Crewmembers. The Business Unit Leader will set priorities & goals for the Business Unit Team that are aligned to Company objectives & plans so there is a singular message and clarity in priorities for the entire Business Unit Team. The Business Unit Crewmembers will leverage their functional expertise to develop strategies, tactics and plans that help the Business Unit achieve its’ goals.
The Vice President of Facilities (VPFA) is an enterprise leader who directs and oversees the company’s Restaurant Facilities Maintenance Programs and is responsible to accomplish the Company’s Capital Project Strategy while remaining aligned to the overall Vision & Values. The VPFA also directly leads & manages various Restaurant Support Office functions including Facility Maintenance, Equipment Procurement and Capital Projects. This role will also work directly with various internal Department including Restaurant Operations, Restaurant Excellence, Development, IT, Risk and Marketing Departments.
The VPFA is responsible for management & results of the Facilities Department including the development of successful strategies and plans to achieve the Department’s goals & objectives with a focus on Customers and Operator needs / support as well as effectively represents the view-point and priorities of the Department in all projects or initiatives.
- The VPFA leads a team of both Restaurant Support Office based crew as well as de-centralized Facility Leaders who provide direct support to local Business Unit Teams.
Leadership and Planning
- The VPFA is responsible to deliver high-performing, best-in class performance by working with, leading & inspiring Crewmembers, identifying areas of opportunity, holding accountability, and celebrating successes.
- The VPFA is responsible for overall Facilities Department planning; the development of Restaurant maintenance programs for domestic and international markets; strategies and tactics that are aligned to overall business goals inclusive of Company & Franchise new Restaurant growth to effectively scale the organization
- Enterprise leader responsible for multiple Departments and/or functions with the ability to positively influence Company results through effective planning & motivation
- Lead, coach, develop and retain high performing leaders with an emphasis on strategic analysis, critical thinking, problem solving and business acumen
- Lead and foster a highly collaborative work environment
- As the business grows and evolves, the VPFA is responsible to develop strategic plans to successfully manage change as required; uses experience, data and analysis to advise the company’s leadership on both near and long term areas of concern or opportunities to assist the company in achieving both the annual plan and the brand’s long term goals
- Works closely with Restaurant Support Office Departments & key Vendors / Consultants to maintain positive and productive working relationships that the Facilities Team is dependent upon
- Responsible for adherence to all Company policies & procedures
- Responsible for compliance with all governmental standards and practices
- Ensures alignment of all activities & programs to Vision, Mission & Values
- Promotes a work hard, smart / have fun environment & leads by example
- Leads the execution of Cane’s Love (reward, respect & recognize) to educate, inspire & motivate Crew
Facilities Maintenance Program & Department
- Directs the Facilities team in alignment with local Business Unit Teams to manage all Restaurant related Facilities Programs & Projects
- Monitors workflow and work products, results, methods, and procedures.
- Selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates Crewmembers
- Provides for or coordinates training and professional development
- Counsels with Crew to correct deficiencies in performance; implements corrective action as required.
- Development, Maintenance and continuous improvement of systems, process & tools for restaurant Repairs / Preventative Maintenance.
- Development of Restaurant Maintenance Guidelines, Standards, and specifications
- Development of Restaurant Facilities Material suppliers
- Supervises and participates in the development of bids, contracts and proposals for related services and materials.
- Negotiates and administers contracts with outside Service Providers
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for proposed services or products
- Development and Maintenance of Facilities Website & Library
- Data procurement & analysis
- Department G&A, Facilities Capital, and Company-wide restaurant level budgets
Restaurant Asset Management
- Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment Inventory & tracking
- Warranty management utilizing Service Channel – CMMS Solution
- Life cycle analysis
- Emergency & Planned Capital Equipment management
Market Specific Service Provider Network
- Oversee the establishment of market specific service provider base(s); including the procurement (contract negotiation & management)/management/management of insurance/ scheduling of Professional Service contracts (local & national) as follows
- Conduct regular business reviews with Key Suppliers and Service Providers to improve execution, drive compliance and add value
Capital Improvements Projects (Refresh / Remodel / Ad-hoc / Planned)
- Program Implementation and Execution
- Scope & Budget Development
- Coordination of multiple disciplines
Restaurant Equipment Research & Development
- Support new Equipment Research & Development initiatives (in collaboration with Design & Construction and Restaurant Excellence Departments) including ideation, testing, research, analysis documentation and recommendations.
Restaurant Food Service FF&E Procurement
- Directs and oversees the Foodservice FF&E Purchasing for existing Restaurants
- Directs teammates on Requests for Proposals, proposals, negotiations, bids, contracts and proposals for related Food Service Equipment Services and Materials.
- Seeks out and researches alternatives and replacement products and finishes to reduce cost and extend useful life.
- Coordination & Management of Cross-Functional Facilities/Equipment related: RPS initiatives, Restaurant Design, Construction, Marketing, IT & Risk
Raising Cane’s Management Training
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Facilities related Continued Education and restaurant manager training program
Restaurant Support Offices
- Develop PM programs and Execute contract with Service Provider’s
- Partner with Office Services team on Facilities Projects, Services and Budgets
New Construction Warranty Management
- Coordination of new construction warranty repairs with the Construction Department
- Initial Punch acceptance of New restaurants & 11-month warranty inspections
- Provides detailed feedback and documentation to improve methods and specifications
Franchise Restaurant Support Program
- Establish and Document the criteria & requirements for Franchise Restaurant Facilities Maintenance.
- Provide on-going Restaurant Facilities and Re-Fresh support to Franchise partners
Position / Role Requirements
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach & develop senior leaders
- Ability to work effectively at senior management level
- Strong work ethic and “hands on” approach
- High level of attention to detail, analytical & decisive decision maker
- Action & result oriented, strong commitment to quality & data-driven results
- Ability to see the “big picture” and focus on Restaurant level performance concurrently
Business Unit Requirements
- Acts as a role model, consistently represents & lives Cane’s Values
- Adherence to Company “How We Do Business” requirements
- Required to live within assigned Region, Area or Market (Home Base or Regional Office Base as assigned)
- Ability to Travel as needed
Qualifications, Experience & Education
- 10+ years’ experience in the restaurant industry with multi-unit leadership experience
- Retail / Restaurant experience in Facilities Management Programs for multiple units
- Exceptional people & soft skills
- Excellent communication skills