There is never any fee or
There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the incumbent will be responsible for the management and overall direction and oversight of EHS programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- 15 or more of EHS Management experience, including experience with manufacturing, fleet operations, waste and recycling program management specifically in the US and Canada
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive multimedia Environmental processes and programs across North America including, but not limited to, CAA, CWA, RCRA, SARA
- Demonstrated success writing technical and business communications and reports
- Demonstrated success in developing and utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower
- Demonstrated experience managing comprehensive Workers’ Comp programs
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Demonstrated success in an ISO / OHSAS / VPP certified, LEAN facility and Behavior Based Safety environment
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, CBSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Lead the development of the corporate Environmental, Health and Safety strategy and implement tactical policies and programs to maintain TRIR as near to zero as possible
- Work directly with the CEO, COO and others to maintain and continuously improve the culture of safety
- Identify present and future risk exposures and the resources required to address them
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead, develop, coach and manage regional and local EHS staff members
- Design and implement EHS audit and inspection plans to foster continuous improvement
- Design, develop and lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Oversee all EHS related insurance and Workers’ Compensation programs
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Oversee the development of employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.