The vice president of enrollment management works closely with the providence campus president and COO and other members of the university’s leadership team to develop and implement innovative enrollment strategies to effectively establish and meet enrollment goals. The vice president is responsible for enrolling undergraduate and graduate students (domestic and international) across all academic disciplines universitywide. This position is based in Providence, RI. The incumbent will directly oversee the Providence Campus strategy implementation and human resources, and will work collaboratively with the admissions teams at the university’s branch campuses to develop campus enrollment strategies and implement strategic plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership and strategic analysis in the development, oversight, and integration of all aspects of enrollment management including student recruitment goals.
- Works collaboratively with members of senior administration including the provost, campus presidents, and the chief financial officer to establish enrollment goals and to develop and implement strategies to accomplish those goals.
- Works collaboratively with the senior vice president of communications and the chief information officer to establish and implement marketing objectives and plans.
- Develops strategies to engage faculty and other university personnel in the execution of enrollment initiatives.
- Analyzes data and utilizes predictive and statistical modeling to create and meet enrollment goals.
- Analyzes relevant data and market trends to inform planning, decision-making, reporting, and management. Keeps each campus and college informed of trends and shifts in area demographics.
- Stays abreast of changing regulations, evolving trends, and best practices in admissions and higher education to proactively implement necessary changes so that the university achieves enrollment goals.
- Represents the university and the admissions team at various domestic and international programs, meetings, and trainings, and serves on internal and external committees and councils, as appropriate.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget.
- Supervises and develops the department staff, facilitating professional opportunities to improve individual capability and managing performance against job accountabilities, department goals and established university, campus and department policies and procedures.
- Supervises and manages student employees to enhance their academic and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a master’s degree
- Significant amount of leadership experience working in enrollment management, business development, research or in other related work
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communications skills
- Master’s degree or greater in higher education or a related field of study
- Experience in international markets
- Experience with Slate and Banner