$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Job SummaryABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Chicago State University (CSU), founded in 1867, is the oldest public university in the Chicago Metropolitan area. CSU is known for its impressive landscape, sitting on 161 wooded acres featuring large tracts of open space and beautiful trees. The campus is located near the recently-renovated CTA95th Street station, as well as other transit systems that all provide commuter students, faculty and staff convenient access to the campus. The University's five colleges—Health Sciences, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education and Pharmacy—offer various undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree-granting programs. The University also provides the greater South Side Chicago community with a multitude of athletic, cultural, educational and recreational activities.
Under the leadership of President Zaldwaynaka Scott, whose term began in July 2018, CSU has been committed to the processes of renewal and transformation, despite the challenges of limited institutional resources. The President's student-centered vision focuses on the advancement of the outstanding academic programs currently in place, as well as the development of new, innovative, and relevant programs to meet the needs of employers of the twenty-first century. Top priorities for the President include an unwavering focus on sustainable enrollment growth and student success.
GREAT PEOPLE MAKE A GREAT UNIVERSITY
HOW CAN I SERVE CSU?
Chicago State University (CSU) invites applications and nominations for a dynamic, visionary to serve as the Vice President of Enrollment Management (VPEM). The new VPEM is a highly-skilled, experienced, innovated leader who will serve as the University's chief strategist on all matters related to undergraduate, graduate and professional program enrollment. This position requires full responsibility for creating, leading and managing a comprehensive enrollment program that incorporates best practices in recruitment, admissions, institutional research, records, registration and financial aid. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced enrollment management leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, proven management record of implementing best practices, fresh thinking, and an eye for innovation and creativity.
Job Description• Overseeing all aspects of the admissions and financial aid operations and is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the execution of a multi-year and annual comprehensive enrollment plan with appropriate goals that include strategies to recruit and enroll traditional undergraduate, transfer, returning adult, graduate, online, extension and international students.
• Developing annual admissions and financial aid forecasts, predictive models and budgets; building, leading and motivating the appropriate teams to ensure that enrollment goals are met.
• Developing and implementing an integrated marketing and communication plan in partnership with the Director of Marketing on print and electronic recruiting collateral, using research-based decisions on message and delivery mediums.
• Providing comprehensive statistical and data-informed analyses necessary to make sound policy decisions.
• Monitoring and assessing data to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts and scholarship programs, including social media, marketing and other emerging technologies that enhance yield with potential students and their families.
• Developing and using existing and emerging technologies to communicate and build relationships with students, families, community colleges and secondary school leadership.
• Planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the specific programs, services and functions designed to meet institutional objectives related to enrollment management to optimize net tuition revenue
• Evaluating and improving the practices of the student enrollment experience, including timely, effective and positive engagement with students and families throughout the entirety of their experiences with admissions, financial aid and registration.
• Optimizing use of available federal, state and institutional resources in the recruitment and retention of students while ensuring campus compliance with all federal and state agencies' regulations and policies.
• Leading the collaboration between university advancement and enrollment management to identify, prioritize and proactively implement scholarship plans.
• Identifying target audiences, establishing enrollment goals and developing and executing effective enrollment management plans designed to attract students.
• Lead and develop five departments, specifically Admissions, Institutional Research, Veteran's Affairs and Financial Aid.
• Collaborate with deans and other academic leaders to provide the vision for short and long-term enrollment goals and effective marketing strategies aimed at optimizing enrollment opportunities in targeted programs.
• The VPEM is responsible for an operating budget of over $ 3.9 million dollars, financial aid awarding of over $50 million and oversees 42 staff members.
Minimum Qualifications• Bachelor's Degree required (Advanced Degree, preferred).
• A minimum of five years at a senior administrative level within higher education.
• Demonstrated leadership in higher education strategic enrollment management, including developing and implementing data-driven programs, budgetary and personnel responsibilities, enrollment management planning, contract management and program development.
Preferred QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities• Highly efficient, effective, and results-oriented individual with strong business acumen, proven experience leading, motivating, and managing a team, and knowledge of best practices and current trends in the enrollment field
• Leadership experience with current best practices in enrollment management, admissions, financial aid and registration.
• Experience with current and emerging technology (hardware and software solutions) related to recruitment, admissions and financial aid, including expertise with enrollment management systems and web-based recruitment efforts.
• Experience with process-improvement initiatives and leadership in change-management environments.
• Leadership experience in recruiting and supporting a culture of inclusion and diversity.
• Knowledge of national and state issues related to higher education policies and practices that influence enrollment management.
• Knowledge of and leadership experience in supporting a culture of inclusion and diversity.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to balance focusing on operational effectiveness with visionary and a strategic thinking.
• The ideal candidate also will demonstrate excellent communication skills, outstanding integrity, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents.
• Experience in collaborating effectively with athletic coaches in the recruitment of student-athletes, managing student information systems, budget oversight and financial aid.
Valid Through: 2019-9-27