Role and Responsibilities
- Achieve engineering and quality objectives through direct subordinates and team while maintaining a hands-on role in day-to-day monitoring of activities and providing guidance as necessary
- Partake in formulating and administering company strategy and initiatives and developing long-range goals and objectives in support of the same
- Develop engineering and quality strategies and goals to support overall company business strategy and initiatives.
- Develop and implement programs for standardization of processes, cost reduction, and continuous improvement in collaboration with other organizational leaders.
- Review activities, costs, and outcomes to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives. Assure the regular collection and analysis of costs at appropriate organizational levels.
- Take active part in company-level budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Develop customer relationships and interact with customer clients in areas of responsibility.
- Work closely and collaboratively with leaders of other functional teams to ensure resource provisions are in line with current operational priorities and organization goals
- Suggest and execute capital projects aligned with business goals and strategic plan
- Develop team, mentor, and coach all direct staff. Help develop organizational capacity and build future leaders for the organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelordegree in an engineering or business-related discipline. Advanced degree is favored.
- 15+ years of increasingly challenging and responsibleexperience in industrial services or manufacturing operations; experience in reverse logistics or electronics repair depot strongly preferred
- 10+ years in management roles, including leadership of other management team members
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strategic-minded and hands-on problem solver that encompasses integrity and leadership
- Proven ability to effectively delegate and build a culture of accountability for results
- Experience driving lean manufacturing, continuous process improvement, and/or six sigma initiatives
- Proven ability to develop, lead and culturally drive an environment of high productivity and cost effectiveness
- Demonstrated change agent in implementing Lean Manufacturing principles, ISO 9, TQM, Kaizen, and/or Six Sigma
- High level of business acumen, including financial, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to consolidate operational details and effectively communicate to high-level stakeholders
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Management: 10 years
- Engineering: 8years
- Lean Manufacturing: 5 years