We're looking for a passionate hands-on VP of Engineering to lead our engineering teams. You should haveexperience leading multisite and multi product engineering teams. You willwork with the product management team to deliver products and platforms which accelerate delivery while fostering an environment which allows for a test and learn culture. You join forces with a wide set of organizations including senior engineering leadership in the company, product management, marketing, site reliability engineering, and data center to align and deliver on company goals. This positionreports to the SVP & GM for the Productivity business.
- Lead and grow multiple engineering teams with a charter of developing and executing on the Productivity platform and product strategy.
- Build platform APIs and tools that the entire company can consume
- Work with the latest open source technologies to build systems at scale
- Lead architectural discussions within the organization and across the company
- GoDaddy has embraced the cloud. Participate in the cloud migration strategy
- Manage and grow a multisite, multi-product engineering organization driving toward org efficiencies
- Actively participate in recruiting and development of technical staff for GoDaddy
- Computer Science bachelor's degree (masters preferred), relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of modern platform architectures and emerging technologies
- Experience working in public clouds such as AWS/GCP, and building applications that operate in multiple availability zones and regions
- Experience with managing a complex portfolio of products and ability to optimize resource allocation based on platform strategy, product goals and business goals.
- Experience building, scaling, managing platforms and APIs
- Experience in driving distributed systems projects
- Experience transitioning teams to embrace DevOps
- Experience evolving monolithic systems into modern microservice architectures
- Communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitors envy
- Leadership that combines persuasiveness, decisiveness, and competitiveness necessary to motivate a team
- 15+ years professional software engineering experience
- 8+ years of people management experience
- Travel required