The Vice President of Engineering is a key member of the senior leadership team. This person is responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership, planning and oversight which support the company’s existing and new Patient Monitoring and Cardiology product families. Responsible for successfully leading the design and development of high performing products for the market on time, within budget. Additionally has oversight responsibility for the functional areas under his/her direction to achieve plan goals. Determines overall organizational structure and allocations of managerial responsibilities within the Engineering department.
THE OPPORTUNITY / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for management of a highly productive development team, including software engineering, clinical engineering, product test and safety, electrical/mechanical, sustaining engineering, supply chain, test, and engineering services.
- Establish priorities for Engineering projects, and monitor expenditures and progress towards goals
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills in guiding all aspects of Engineering including product strategy, prototyping, design, implementation, testing.
- Ability to recruit, hire and retain top talent
- Displays collaborative skill in working with others to solve complex problems
- Understand and review the new generation program. Work with Product and R&D teams to plan a phased release and communicated to key stakeholders
- Ensures integration and execution of various development projects and lifecycle
- Provides strategic, technical, and managerial inputs to various cross-functional working teams to build and support R&D projects.
- Collaborates with global strategic marketing, determines technical product roadmap, priorities, and schedule of product releases.
- Understand the products and portfolio. Restructure resources to support business priorities and committed dates while ensuring high quality standards are met while balancing costs
- Establish priorities for Engineering projects (sustaining vs. new platform) and monitor expenditures and progress towards goals.
- Responsible for guiding projects to meet business growth objectives
- Develop and apply internal development standards and methodologies
- Manages a global R&D organization with various centers-of-excellence in other countries
- Work with Augmentation, Development and Offshore teams to align on Priorities
- Relentless Customer Focus – Deep and shared understanding of customer problems and needs among all team members
- Ownership and Accountability – Take responsibility, drive to action, and deliver as promised
- Teamwork with Trust – Count on your teammates. Believe everyone on the team will do the right thing and support each other.
- Always Learning and Applying – Get better at every opportunity.
- Act with Integrity – Do the right thing.
- Nimble Innovation – Quickly adapting to market and technology changes to delivering cutting-edge solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience. Advanced scientific degree or MBA preferred.
- 10 years of experience in Research and Development with at least 3 years in a high profile leadership role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven track record in the development, rollout, and implementation of products.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Successful results produced in a highly matrixed or collaborative environment
- Proven track record in applying for and being awarded patents.
Position is located in Issaquah, Washington
It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented to avoid recurrence of the problem.
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for the Security and Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.