Polaris Alpha is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers’ most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains.
Polaris Alpha provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. Polaris Alpha develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures.
This position is part of the AIMS Business Unit with a primary focus on the delivery of software systems focused on reporting, data analysis and visualization.
The chosen applicant will manage the successful customer deliveries of WebTAS Enterprise, CIDNE, Topic Builder, Runway (PTF), IMM, and SATA, as well as successfully execute Internal Research and Development tasking. You will have the opportunity to develop and deliver real-world, cutting edge software systems which are changing how the DOD is doing business.
The person in this position will also be involved in helping the AIMS leadership work grow the business by supporting proposals, white papers, data calls, etc.
The candidate must take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, manage their own time and priorities to efficiently and effectively achieve goals, identify opportunities for process or quality improvements, and build and maintain constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect. Candidate must also have strong customer and communication skills, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering field with a minimum of 16 years technical experience.
• Strong Technical leadership skills
• Technical personnel management (hiring, onboarding, direct management, technical and managerial mentoring)
• Technical planning & process management
• Foster strong technical culture & standards (agile, test-driven, dev-ops mindsets & practices)
• Collecting cross-functional requirements and maintaining technical roadmap that runs parallel to product roadmap
• Develop & communicate multi-departmental technical strategies
• Experience with Agile development
• Strong familiarity with System Engineering principals
• Evaluate technological alternatives empirically, and make major technological decisions
• Plan and implement automation of development process automation (deployment, testing)
• Set guidelines for security best-practices, and implement necessary mechanisms to ensure compliance with security requirements of clients
• Formalize process of evaluating candidate engineers, as well as a training program for newly hired engineers
• Continue to enhance a strong culture of engineering excellence, empiricism, and open communication
• High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
• Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
• US citizen
• Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Computer Science or Software Engineeringdegree
• Experience with DOD Intelligence systems and domains
Familiarity with AWS concepts
Familiarity with modern DevOPS approaches
• Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE)
• Experience working and leading Government proposal efforts
• Familiarity with application containerization and open cloud-based architecture and computing.
Req # 2182