DocuSign is looking for a Vice President of Engineering to join our world class, globally distributed engineering team. DocuSign is the leading electronic signature and digital transaction provider with more than 200mm users and 300k customers worldwide. As Vice President of Engineering you will be responsible for creating, building and operating large scale cloud services with industry leading reliability and a strong commitment to delivering great administrator, developer and end user experiences.
Engineering leaders at DocuSign attract, retain and develop world-class talent and lead the design, development and delivery of large scale SaaS services required to support DocuSign’s Digital Transaction Management (DTM) business. The leader in this role requires a strong background in design, development and delivery of full stack applications for consumer or commercial audiences. Large scale distributed systems experience and experience integrating acquired or licensed technologies is required. Ideal candidates will have a background in document automation, workflow, semantic modeling, or rules engines.
This position is a People Manager role and reports to the SVP of Engineering.
- Build trust with customers, executive stakeholders, and technical teams
- Lead strong, passionate, globally distributed software development teams
- Develop talent strategies and grow high performing teams of 40 engineers or more
- Collaborate with other leaders in product delivery, development of go-to-market strategies, and business process transformation
- Drive continuous delivery of new value while maintaining continuous service availability
- Manage projects that include the delivery of external customer facing value
- Lead product, technology and architectural changes in a goal oriented, built-to-last manner
- Communicate complex topics in a clear, compelling manner to industry audiences
- 15+ years of software development leadership experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Human Centered Design, Mathematics or equivalent
- People management experience and experience leading globally distributed development team
- Strong analytical, communications, consultative and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, deliver on commitments and work effectively under pressure
- Background in document automation, workflow, semantic modeling, or rules engines.