We are looking for a passionate software engineering leader who can help evolve the Inventory Software Group teams to the next level. The engineering leader must be able to create and execute a roadmap of bringing together the engineering groups from the 2 companies into a single engineering team spread across 2 locations.
This individual will identify technology opportunities for products; oversee implementation of technology components of product strategy and have overall responsibility for effectively delivering on needed results and objectives. This leader also has responsibility in the retail solutions product engineering team to help evolve and align broader strategic directions with the otherretail solutions engineering leaders.
- Oversees the development of new technology ideas, including the feasibility and evaluation of potential ideas
- Manages multiple sites, one in Austin, TX and one in Exton, PA
- Bring together separate product platforms and evolve to include modern practices such as cloud delivery and microservices
- Defines and develops new data and technology-driven products, manages cross-company efforts to ensure development and delivery
- Performs strategic systems planning and sets the direction for the department through consistent leadership, motivation and direction
- Partners with senior leadership to understand business needs, drivers and direction in order to align engineering with company needs
- Partners with senior leadership to develop strategy for technology and partners with business unit leadership to develop strategy for the primary supported business unit
- Expands the organization's technical concepts and ideas into new products
- Aligns technological objectives with marketing objectives
- Manage career progression for team members to include hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, and coaching
- Allocates resources strategically and tactically by balancing the broader Technology lens with the locally supported business unit?s needs
- Oversees budgeting for local team including: hardware to support projects, staffing, facilities and tools for software development
- Responsible for local engineering brand awareness strategy and implementation as well as responsible for continuing to evolve culture of engineering team to drive Engineering operating principles
- Bachelor?s degree
- Background and experience in Automotive a plus
- Experience leading teams through cloud adoption a plus
- 15+ years of experience with a variety of technology platforms, including migration and evolution of platforms; high availability applications and high performance applications is a must.
- 7+ years of technology and software engineering leadership experience in a complex and fast-paced business environment with exposure to a variety of technologies and solutions.
- 5+ years advanced people management skills with the ability to lead, mentor and develop software engineering organizations.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills