• Lead, the environment health safety and sustainability work environment in achieving zero tolerance
• Lead, develop, implement, and maintain all environmental, safety and sustainability programs, ISO Standards, OHSAS policies and procedures based on leading indicators and actions
• Comply with all federal, state, provincial, territorial and local regulatory requirements and Customer specific requirements
• Lead and coach all employees on interpretation and administration of EHS&S policies and procedures
• Lead the environmental and sustainability group, be compliant in all sustainability reporting requirements
• Establish, and lead, a "Zero Waste, No Landfill" initiative at 35 operating branches
• Ensure that it has a seat at the table at "circular economy" global initiatives, and help adopt relevant best practices
• Be the face of the business to policy makers and foundations in support of business strategy.
• Global experience
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor's degree in Safety management, Industrial Hygiene, Sustainability or the Social Sciences, with a Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum ten years of safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum ten years of managing cross functional teams, and operating at a senior level
• Certified Safety Professional designation is desirable
• Minimum ten years of project management and financial budgeting
• Minimum ten years leading, designing, managing and evaluating social sustainable strategies/plans
• Strong knowledge of social and community issues such as education and training, rural community economic development and health.
Customer survey requirements
OHSAS and ISO standard working experience