Together we are powering the future of Higher Education
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
This position is 100% remote with our geographic preference being the East Coast. There will travel to our corporate office in Reston, VA once it is safe to do so.
Relocation assistance to the DC area is also available & preferred.
About the opportunity
The Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) supports company-wide diversity initiatives and processes focused on the development of a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive culture in alignment with Ellucian’s People First strategy. The Vice President of DEI will be a thought leader and trusted partner to senior leaders, Employee Resource Groups and the People team for strategy, launch and implementation of initiatives to ensure the optimal attraction, development and retention of diverse talent and for infusing DEI principles and practices into our solutions, outreach and philanthropy.
This is a high-impact; roll up your sleeves opportunity where you will play a central role in developing, driving and communicating a holistic DEI approach aligned to the company’s strategy in driving growth through the power of diverse backgrounds, experiences, thoughts, & ideas.
The Vice President of DEI will report to our Chief People Officer.
Where you will make an impact
- Partner with business leaders and employees in the design and implementation of goals, strategies, and tactics to attract, retain and promote a diverse & inclusive workforce with a true sense of belonging.
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for DEI initiatives that can meaningfully change behaviors
- Partner with HR business leaders to define and execute a DEI approach that is aligned and integrated to the overall Talent Strategy.
- Partner with talent acquisition team and external parties to strategically source and attract diverse talent (mentorships, internships, tech talent)
- Working with leaders across the company to embed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into all employee life touch-points, acting as the subject matter expert on DEI, and being accountable for the evolution of our global DEI strategy
- Develop and build a cross company diversity council/task force to drive and evangelize a culture of inclusion & belonging
- Responsible for developing and executing a cohesive; innovative approach to aligning and integrating a range of new and existing initiatives, human capital processes/programs, training and systems that foster an inclusive culture
- Lead the growth and promotion of our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and internal diversity councils including ongoing communications; alignment of goals and activities; and measurement of progress/results
- Be an ambassador for Ellucian DEI with our customers/partners and also with key external parties (non-profits, colleges/universities, philanthropy partners)
- Influence through educating and serving as a consultative change agent for the organization
- Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of DEI initiatives to report on progress and identify opportunities for future areas of focus and improvement
- Leverage cutting edge initiatives and best practices including system solutions that have an impact on employee engagement and business results
What you will bring
- Deep understanding, passion, and expertise in DEI
- Demonstrated experience building a grass roots / ground up diversity function and strategy
- Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
- Proven success in creating, leading, and implementing DEI strategies
- Entrepreneurial spirit & innovative mindset that will challenge the status quo
- Ability to navigate a complex organization while maintaining cultural awareness and flexibility
- Strong influence & relationship building skills and proven experience driving change management programs across the organization.
- Experience leading simultaneous, cross-divisional initiatives and programs in a matrixed environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to produce meaningful metrics that drive and/or demonstrate ongoing improvements.
- Possess a deep sense of empathy, confidence, and organizational insight
- An avid learner and strong listener with action orientation
- High levels of multicultural competence
- Experience leading and working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's Degree
What makes #Elliucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities