Vice President of Development (Fundraising) and Community Relations
Assistant Community Relations and Development Secretary
Territorial Development Director
The Salvation Army Southern Territory has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional executive level development professional to lead a large team for the world’s largest charitable organization that is “doing the most good.”
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, children’s programs and many other programs.
This position will be responsible for a highly successful major gifts program overseeing forty-one staff; supervising a CRM team of eleven staff; strategic thinking and implementation that will impact Planned Giving, Capital Campaigns, Direct Mail/Direct Marketing, Digital Marketing, and Advisory Organizations that will enable the Mission of The Salvation Army across a fifteen-state region.
The successful candidate will have all-encompassing experience in all facets of fundraising, leadership development, and staff mentoring.
The candidate must live in the greater Atlanta, GA area. There is extensive travelrequired throughout fifteen southern states.
We are looking for candidates with a proven track record of success and the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of progressively responsibleexperience in fund raising development and development leadership experience specifically with major gifts with an organization that has a national reach
- Successful hiring, training and mentoring major gifts staff
- Prior experience with a donor/contact management system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Track record of strategic thinking and implementation and achieving goals
- Interaction and proven leadership with advisory boards
- Extensive experience leading direct marketing, direct mail, and digital media departments
- CFRE certification is preferred
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, company vehicle, cell phone, lap top computer, reimbursed travel expenses, full health coverage, pension plan, professional development, and paid time off!
For consideration, please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled