Vice President of Design & Development
Holiday Inn Club Vacations look for individuals who excel in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our guests, owners, and team members. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We?re looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
The VP of Design & Development is responsible for managing and leading the team through the entire development process, from inception to final completion. At any one time 40 to 60 projects will be in play, accounting for $50 to $100 million in project costs. A major role of the VP of Design & Development will be to focus on providing on time delivery of a high quality product while balancing the financial objectives and ensuring customer satisfaction. This position will play a vital role in the direction and management of the design, construction and renovation process including overall field management. The Vice President of Design & Development will be responsible for all functions including cycle time, budgets, vendor accountability, project turn over and final warranty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
1. Work with Executive Management Team to determine company needs and to define a strategic plan for growth. This entails initial concept design, permitting, construction or renovation, and successful hand-off to the operation team. Works closely with real estate acquisition and development teams in evaluating future projects, providing acquisition due diligence, and bringing sites up to brand standard. Works closely with Inventory Management, Resort Operations and local Sales leaders regarding improvements and new additions to current sites. 10%
2. Oversee the Construction team such that design, construction, bid/pricing process all happen on-schedule. Scheduling projects, preparation and maintaining of budgets, meeting deadlines, and ensuring quality control. Oversee management, hiring and onboarding / training all Design and Development personnel and support staff. Significant renovation of current sites is included, and accounts for some 75% of current workload. 35%
3. Establish and enforce project management discipline, policies, processes and tools that enable world-class execution. Responsible for establishing and maintaining actual project performance data to facilitate historical analyses to improve estimating accuracy and field construction performance. Ensure accuracy of construction status reporting. 15%
4. Review all work in process to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, building codes and Company standards; Review and recommend improvements to both existing and proposed plans. Liaise with internal partners (sales and resort operations) as well as external partners (Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, etc.) to ensure appropriate relations are maintained, expectations are exceeded, communication is world-class, and all projects close early and under budget. 20%
5. Field responsibility for controlling costs, achieving budgeted margins and improving the bottom line. Responsible for quality control, quality assurance, EPA and OSHA compliance. Provide evaluation of contractor performance. 20%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
? Design and Development leadership teams, Development Accounting team
? This role assume primary responsibility for the engagement and development of all team members, and has a hands-on role in succession planning and career development of staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
?Bachelor?s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
?15+ years development or construction, preferably in timeshare or related field
? Minimum of 3 years of experience in an executive role (VP, SVP, SR. Director)
? Demonstrated ability to engage and lead highly effective teams
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
? General Contractor?s license as applicable
? Strong relationship building skills
? Strong self-organization skills
? Strong planning and problem-solving skills
? Strong leadership skills
? Well-developed executive communication skills
? Excellent knowledge of relevant labor, employee and wage/hour laws
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Specific work assignments may change without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The majority of work will be performed in a climate-controlled environment, but may be exposed to inclement weather and varying degrees of temperature on occasion.
Schedules will vary depending on business needs, and may entail working nights, weekends and holidays. Must be flexible to work outside of departmental operating hours.