Our rapidly growing North America Fuel (NAF) group is adding a Vice President of Decision Science to our leadership team!
This is an exciting opportunity that will be based out of our Buckhead (Atlanta) Georgia office.
If you were here the last 6 months here are some of the things you would have done:
- Partnered with data vendors to undertake retro’s and archives. You would have then used that internal + external data to do everything from segmentation to clustering to developing either Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, ML models or other statistical methods to improve business decisions through the customer lifecyle (underwriting, fraud, credit, collections).
- Collaborated with Division Presidents to understand to their business needs and how Risk can help them grow their business while mitigating losses. You would have then formulated and completed an end to end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, providing recommendations and making presentations to pitch your proposal.
- Partnered with our Data Engineering team to build requirements around data, tools and processes that you need for efficient analysis and modeling.
- This is a new function within Risk so you would have partnered with our recruiting team to build out a small team of data scientists. Then, invest in their skills, tools and processes to drive high employee engagement and improve their velocity.
- 5+ years of hands on experience building predictive models (Logistic Regression, ML, GBM, random forests etc) in the credit card issuing space.
- Recent direct industry experience supporting small businesses and their credit issuing needs, required.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge with statistical computing languages or packages (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch, R, Matlab etc)
- Master or PhD in a Quantitative Field; such as Applied Math, Statistics, or Ops Research
- Experience managing a team of at least 2-3 Data Scientists.