Freshworks is looking for a strategic and experienced Customer Success executive who has a vision for customer success and is passionate about building and leading teams that drive customer adoption, retention, growth, and overall success.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and a proven track record in developing and scaling Customer Success programs in the SaaS industry. The candidate will have leadership experience in building, scaling, and managing a diverse team that is spread across multiple locations. This position will report to the Chief Customer Officer based in the United States and will work closely with the GTM President, North America.
As the VP of Customer Success at Freshworks, you will lead a Customer Success team in North America that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with more than 150,000 brands around the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Proven Customer Success Leader: Freshworks needs a strategic regional leader who has managed both revenue and churn goals in the B2B SaaS industry. This role will primarily focus on reducing churn and driving customer engagement.
- Values-orientated Leadership: this role needs to have successfully led a team of leaders with an organization size between 30 and 50+ distributed team members. The ideal candidate would currently be in a Sr. Director-level customer success role. Inspire teams to deliver “moments of wow” for customers. Build followership in the team through clear communication and role-modeling of Freshworks values.
- Customer Obsession: to succeed in this role, you’ll need to be totally energized by engaging with customers, both in-person and virtually. Passionate about customer experience and a demonstrated ability to improve customer satisfaction/NPS
- Executive Influence: build credibility, relationships, and influence C-level stakeholders. Also, demonstrated ability to hold product, sales, and support leadership and teams accountable to commitments made to customers. Effective cross-functional, global collaboration is required to be successful in this role.
- Strategy: A proven track record of building and executing customer-centric business strategy
- Operational Leadership: Successfully demonstrate a track record of leading a team of country CSM heads to consistently achieve and exceed churn and retention goals
- Cool Under Pressure: demonstrate the ability to manage and diffuse difficult conversations with customers, balancing the best interest of both customers and the company.
- Commercial Acumen: Fluent in talking with customers about the range of Freshworks offerings and naturally influencing renewal and upsell conversations.
Our Perfect Match:
- Minimum 20+ years of work experience and at least 10+ years in account management/customer success senior leadership position - SaaS experience is required
- Consistent track record of exceeding retention, customer satisfaction, and advocacy targets
- Deep passion for and understanding of customers, ability to develop strong customer relationships and above all a creative mind to deliver those “wow” moments
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products and constructively engage with product team members to help shape the product roadmap
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and be a team player
- Strong leadership & coaching skills
- Willingness and eagerness to travel frequently to meet the team and to strategic accounts