Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a nearly 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the United States, the company is represented in 10 markets –Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando (where its US head office is located), Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Southeast Florida – and in Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Vice President of Construction will lead, develop, inspire and manage the division’s Construction and Warranty Teams. As part of the Charlotte Leadership Team, this individual will be responsible for achieving business objectives, meeting customer commitments, and delivering defect-free homes on time and within budget. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall people management of the Construction, Purchasing and Warranty staff, including talent identification, recruiting, and development
- Developing, implementing and communicating more value driven construction techniques and production procedures, while at the same time continually looking to recommend value-engineering and other cost saving opportunities
- Overseeing all warranty activities to ensure excellence and consistency as defined by superior quality workmanship to ensure customer satisfaction
- Developing, monitoring and adhering to the building budgets, work schedules, labor forecasts with a view towards maximum efficiency
- Review and understand market trends and identify opportunities for the company.
- Review budgets with an understanding of market pricing.
- Financial acumen on constructionfinancials to include house cost and overhead management.
- Skill level in forecasting business plan and meeting budgets and goals set for department
- Develop relationships with new vendors for building vendor bench strength
What You Bring
- 10+ years of progressive experience in residential single family or multi-family construction, with an expert knowledge and understanding of residential homebuilding disciplines
- Must possess or obtain (within 6 months of employment) a General Contractor’s license within the divisions respective jurisdictions
- Demonstrated ability to work with external parties, including homeowners, local and provincial construction associations, trade partners, suppliers, industry peers
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on execution
- Diploma or degree in either engineering, planning or in a related field, with a high level of business acumen and a commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people of all levels of the organization, including but not limited to community site staff, sales and marketing, contracts and purchasing, Design Centre and land development
- Strategic mindset with practical orientation
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Positive attitude, responsive and action oriented
- Highly organized and detail oriented
When you’re part of the Mattamy Homes family, your day to day work has an incredible impact on the lives of our customers. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy way of helping customers achieve their home ownership dreams. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.