Vice President of Communication and Corporate Affairs
11 - 15 years experience • Patient Care
?Our Vice President of Communication and Corporate Affairs is responsible for external facing content as it relates to media, public relations, and positioning the company as an industry leader with our client partners. This position will be responsible for all coordination and content of all internal and external communication, inclusive of content for social media, website, conference presentations and press inquiries.
- Bachelor's Degree within Communications, Marketing, or similar discipline or combination of education and directly-related experience that would provide equivalent background is required
- MBA/MA preferred
- Requires a minimum of ten (10) years directly related and progressively responsibleexperience within a media relations or external corporate communications role
- Experience, preferably in a healthcare or contract services environment, with decentralized multi-site, multi-functional organization
- Direct experience as a company spokesperson is strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to directly manage and lead dynamically and energize multidisciplinary work teams to learn and apply new skills and techniques to respond to business needs
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions; ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently
- On-call availability 24/7 for crisis management
- Travel up to 25% required
- Proficient of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- None required
- ?Develops and executes external communication plans in the media and public relations areas focused on enhancing CCS's reputation in the healthcare and correctional healthcare industries.
- Serves as media liaison and spokesperson in both positive and adverse media situations. Responsible for all aspects of crisis media management. Coordinates information from internal subject matter experts to craft accurate, timely responses while maintaining positive posturing for the company at all times. Assures responses meet internal, legal and brand/image guidelines prior to release.
- Develops and fosters an external presence for CCS with core external stakeholders. Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community.
- Trains and develops a group of internal and external spokespersons and deploys individuals to speak on the company's behalf.
- Develops and secures media placement for reputation messaging which complements the company's positioning within the marketplace.
- Composes and distributes press releases to the media.
- Directs the work of Public Relations agencies and other external firms to insure consistency of message and successful program implementation.
- Builds and manages a thorough leadership program to highlight the knowledge of appropriate company leaders across the healthcare industry.
- Partners with Human Resources to insure that charitable donations are coordinated and harnessed for positive mutual impact.
- Creates communication standards and operating procedures that provide appropriate governance to all external communications, and work in cadence with other brand marketing standards.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer