- Lead, Coach, develop, train and nurture the publisher development team for optimal performance.
- Execute on all aspects of publisher success and business development to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and revenue generation.
- Define, Establish and report on KPIs for business development and ensure processes that effectively create and measure success.
- Manage Pipeline from lead generation to closing of new publishers including direct participation in process with larger or more challenging accounts.
- Ensure team usage of salesforce.
- Ensure efficient and effective handoffs of new publishers to publisher success account management teams.
- Work as part of the management team, and participate and contribute in company meetings as voice of publisher development.
- Work with marketing to ensure the Publisher Development team has all marketing resources and assets to be successful.
- Actively work on identifying and recruiting talent.
- Gather content needs and opportunities from publisher development activities.
- Work with the content team to validate content quadrants to ensure content acquisition is correctly prioritized.
- While offering the whole STN Platform, include content team members to participate in content acquisition discussions.
- Bring insights from publisher development activities to our tech team and the Publisher Success Team to align our technology with needs of and implementations.
- Leverages industry contacts and conferences to stay ahead of key trends like viewability, AVOC and other industry issues.
- Identify key publisher issues like viewability. Identify a path to help improve publisher performance whether the issue is internal to STN or the Publishers, or external (browsers, IAB standards, …).
- Build a strategy around trade events.
- Represent STN in relevant trade events, panels.
- Find ways to contribute to industry thought leadership.
- Gather intelligence and key business contacts to drive new leads and business.
- Great sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with proven ability to act as a bridge between technical and non-technical teams
- Strong people management/leadership
- Results Focused
- Strategic Thinker
- Engaging Presenter
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Digital Media Expert
- Entrepreneurial / Risk Taker
- Great energy
- Never give up and never quit attitude
- 5-15 years experience in a related field (Digital media, sports, broadcast media)
- Proven results of exceeding performance targets especially in driving new business through strong business development skills
- Recognized sales leader within current/former organizations
- Media, Sports or entertainment experience
- Strong VP and C Level relationships with media organizations across North America
- Presence/Gravitas to represent leading global brands and leagues
- Track record of having developed successful creative and strategic pitch materials, drafting proposals and responding to RFPs
- Experience managing business development teams and digital support personnel to include:
- Business Development
- Client & Creative Services
Valid through: 10/7/2020
* Ladders Estimates