Vice President of Business Development - Redmond, WA or NYC The Vice President of Business Development is responsible for the strategy and execution of all partnerships of the company in support of an aggressive growth agenda. Responsibilities include identifying opportunities, negotiating agreements and managing the implementation of the partnerships. Potential partnerships could run the gamut of hardware, content, advertising and technology both domestically and internationally.
- Work with the key leaders of Octave Group to develop and execute the Company’s business development strategy to support the company’s growth plan.
- Identify, pursue, and implement business development opportunities and strategic partnerships that leverage the asset base of the Company, and are consistent with the company’s overall strategic orientation.
- Point person for the company to handle all in-bound and out-bound business development requests.
- Lead business negotiations for all partnerships, working with the CEO-TouchTunes, CEO-PlayNetwork, General Counsel and CFO, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven plus years’ experience in a lead corporate business development role and/or at a top business consulting organization with specific experience in media, retail and/or technology.
- Leads by example and exemplifies the company’s Core Values in action and behavior
- Demonstrated ability to identify potential opportunities and the executional capability to bring them to fruition.
- A solid understanding of the media, retail and entertainment landscape including its products, players, and technologies, including an established network of industry contacts.
- Demonstrated operational capability to implement and integrate deals into an organization quickly and efficiently.
- Significant experience negotiating complex agreements, with a proven ability to engage in detail on lawyer-drafted term sheets and contracts.
- Creative thinker with highly developed analytical skills and a very high attention to detail.
- Very strong communication skills - written, verbal and listening.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and establish trust and credibility quickly.
- Strong executive presence, who can engage effectively with senior internal and external executives.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Special Position Requirements:
- Domestic and international travelrequired
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to perform primarily sedentary work, sitting or standing for more than 6 hours per day, frequently using a computer (visual acuity) and telephone (talking/hearing).