The Vice President of Business Development – Defense (VP-BD-D) contributes to Electrosoft’s business development strategy formulation and execution to achieve growth targets through pursuit and successful capture of large, multi-year federal contracts in the Defense sector. The VP-BD-D position works primarily out of the Electrosoft Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, and reports to the Electrosoft President.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The VP-BD-D is responsible for business development and new revenue acquisition activities including opportunity identification, qualification and capture; opportunity pipeline management; meetings with key customers/prospects; solution development and presentation; strategic teaming/partnerships; and participation in proposal activities with a focus on articulation of customer understanding and win themes, and price to win.
- As a member of the Electrosoft Business Development team, the VP-BD-D: Participates in Electrosoft growth strategy meetings to identify key customer markets and revenue targets for each year.
- Maintains a pipeline of defense opportunities in the corporate pipeline tool (Salesforce) and keeps the information updated on a weekly basis. Participates in biweekly Business Development pipeline review meetings.
- Follows the Electrosoft Business Development Lifecycle and Capture Processes to lead Gate Reviews (Identification; Qualification, Bid-No-Bid) to move opportunities through the pipeline.
- Focuses on identification and capture of large, multi-year opportunities (i.e., game changers) with the goal of bidding at least 3 game changers per year. Game changer opportunities are defined as those that have the potential to double the size of the company at any given time.
- Performs capture and teaming activities for owned pipeline opportunities – meets with customer program and acquisition teams to understand the underlying requirements and pain points; identifies and engages with partner companies to establish teaming arrangements that can improve Electrosoft’s win probability for the opportunity
- Leads Win Strategy Labs for key opportunities to craft the strategy for these bids; leads solution and strategy development for bids; develops win themes.
- Develops and executes on effective teaming strategies to bring together the right capabilities and customer understanding through subcontract partners.
- Contributes to proposal development activities focusing on articulation of customer understanding, win themes and the overarching solution for the requirement. Supports proposal review efforts for opportunities led by other Business Development leaders.
- Tracks performance against established metrics for opportunity qualification, bids and win on a quarterly basis for calculation of incentive compensation
Qualifications and Skills
- 8+ years of experience serving in a capture and/or business development role in organizations that provide IT and cybersecurity services for Federal Defense customers
- Experience following mature business development and pipeline processes with gate reviews
- Experience using available tools and services (such as GovWin, FPDS, USASpending.gov, LinkedIn, etc.) to gather information on opportunities, customers and incumbents
- Critical thinking, analysis and planning capabilities to develop capture plans and win strategies for bids
- Proven ability to develop and deliver corporate capability briefings and solution presentations to senior Government prospects
- Ability to handle track and capture multiple opportunities and the discipline to follow-though on actions and commitments
- Proven experience building subcontract teams including small. mid-size and large companies as appropriate with a focus on achieving the highest win probability
- Extensive base of contacts and connections within the Federal defense sector (Army, DISA preferred)
- Experience supporting proposal development processes (such as pink and red team phases) to ensure that win themes, differentiators, key features and benefits are developed and appropriately articulated
- Proof of substantial business wins in the Defense sector over the past 5 years
- The compensation for this position comprises the following: Base Salary plus Incentive bonus based on the Electrosoft Business Development Executive Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)