Vice President of Business Application Systems
8 - 10 years experience • Insurance
Amerisure is recruiting for a Vice President of Application Systems for our Farmington Hills, Michigan office. Experience in the insurance or financial services industry preferred. We are willing to relocate a candidate that possesses the following skill set.
Lead the development and maintenance of all application systems within the Information Technology Department's responsibility. Ensure effective compliance with and adherence to all Information Technology department operating principles, standards, policies and procedures. Communicate effectively with business partners, management and staff, on issues including goals and objectives, results of projects assigned, and personnel administration. Cultivate a high performance environment to enable Information Technology staff to succeed in accomplishing both personal and company objectives.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Lead the application development team supporting major information processing systems and the delivery of corporate initiative and projects.
- Ensure effective analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation of computer systems/programs of all levels of complexity.
- Establish strong relationships with business partners to plan and solve problems to deliver IT services in support of corporate objectives.
- Participate with senior management in the regular budgeting, operational planning and goal setting activity for the department and the company.
- Report on a regular basis to senior management about status and accomplishments.
- Manage, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- 7 years of application development leadership experience.
- Financial services experiencepreferred.
- Strong understanding of system development lifecycle
- Good IT industry relationships
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.