Midroll, named one of Fast Company's most innovative companies of 2016, is actively growing our sales team in Dallas or Austin, TX!
We're looking for accomplished media sellers with national salesexperience. The VP, Advertising Partnerships works under the direction of the EVP, Sales to land new advertisers for our podcasts, and successfully managing those accounts. The focus of this role is to drive and manage the growth of new business. This position reports directly to the SVP, Sales.
- Develop, maintain and prospect new business from traditional and non-traditional advertisers located in the market on an ongoing basis
- Manage a sales pipeline, generate referrals/leads and track/follow-up on leads
- Work with sales management to develop account strategies
- Work with sales support staff and finance team to ensure spots are booked, fulfilled, and invoiced properly
- Resolve sales or delivery issues
- Manage high sales call volume and presentation activity; Initiate, coordinate, and conduct top-notch formal verbal and written sales presentations
- Conduct needs assessment interviews with clients to develop customer driven audience solutions
- Maintain strong relationships with key decision makers in the industry; network externally
- Build rapport with clientele, provide excellent timely customer service, grow the accounts, and gain additional business from referrals
- Perform other duties as needed or as directed
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 3-5 years' salesexperience generating leads, cold calling, closing business and managing clients, or comparable combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication and people skills
- Unrivaled work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and self-direct
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Skilled in prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, selling and closing marketing solutions to direct businesses and advertising agencies
- Works well under pressure with multiple deadlines and assignments
- Ability to prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information to develop creative sales solutions
MIDROLL MEDIA IS A WHOLLY-OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF THE E.W. SCRIPPS COMPANY.
Midroll Media is a digital media company providing a 360-degree suite of production, distribution, and monetization services to artists, entertainers and thought leaders. It is the parent company of Earwolf, the leading comedy podcasting network, the Howl premium audio content platform, and the Midroll advertising platform.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.