Vice President of Addictions Services
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Universal Health Services Addiction Treatment Services Division is uniquely equipped to respond quickly to the changing needs of our customers. As a nationwide provider of integrated treatment for co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders, we are committed to making a difference for those who don't have a voice. Through our state-of-the-art treatment facilities across the country we are dedicated to treating both addiction and mental health conditions. Our motivational approach, incorporating 12-Step principles, has garnered advancement in recovery rates. Because of these improvements, our program has earned recognition for effective patient-centered care that preserves the dignity of our patients and improves their quality of life.
Our treatment programs also have the flexibility and focus to address whatever stage of recovery our patient is in even if the stage of mental health recovery does not match with the stage of addiction recovery. The use of motivational services based on the patient’s stage of readiness will promote engagement, retention and solid long-term recovery outcomes. This sets our program apart from other treatment options.
UHS Addiction Services Division is currently seeking a dynamic Behavioral Health Executive with a proven track record of managing operations within a network of nationwide facilities in the area of Addiction Medicine. The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple addiction service lines and facilities within a for profit setting. Candidates must show a strong employment history with progressive growth throughout their career. The ideal candidate will be responsible for directing the strategic direction and overseeing multiple leaders with day-to-day operations, managing and developing staff, assuring high quality care, sound fiscal operations, maintaining a strong referral base and compliance with regulatory agencies while continually monitoring the organizations services and delivery systems.
- Accountable for creating an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Operational management of clinical and non-clinical departments including but not limited to: Nursing, Admissions, Business Development, Process Improvement, Finance, Clinical Services, Regulatory Affairs that effectively drive patient care outcomes • Ensure hospital quality metrics are achieved through sound clinical processes following accreditation and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Recruit staff in targeted specialty areas, coordinate medical staff participation in new hospital ventures and targets, develop new areas of medical care to offer at the hospital.
- Supervise the development of more comprehensive outpatient care and ambulatory programs. Develop positive relationships with local industry, local government, potential key health care providers, and the general public.
- Ensure the timely submission of month-end financial and operational reviews, contribute to the development of and participation in corporate-wide strategic planning efforts.
- Communicate circumstances and events of operations to supervisor and other appropriate people to keep all apprised.
- Achieve budgeted financial objectives.
- Effectively manage contract negotiations and compliance with the commercial payor community.
- Increase revenues and income before inter-company allocations, maintain or decrease the effective bad debt rate, achieve the margin percentage, and implement operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
- Focus on census building efforts and strategic planning.
- Bachelor's Degreerequired, Master's Degree is preferred
- Currently working as a behavioral executive, i.e Vice President, COO or CEO managing multiple Addiction Hospital/RTC or Behavioral Health facilities.
- A working knowledge of behavioral health management practices and clinical operations.
- An advanced knowledge of state and federal regulatory and various accreditation requirements related to behavioral health management.
- Expert knowledge of operations and financial management and marketing methods.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% of the time.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Stock Options
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity