The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI®) family of companies including ASI Show and ASI Computers Systems, Inc. serves a network of 23,500 suppliers, distributors, and decorators in the $24.7 billion promotional products industry. ASI's flagship product, the technology platform ESP®, serves the industry's supply and marketing chain. ASI also produces award-winning digital and print content, live events, and educational programs that enable companies in 61 countries to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. ASI's Counselor® magazine provides the most authoritative business content in the industry, and the ASI Certification Program features 500+ live and online education courses for over 40,000 professionals. The company, family owned and operated since 1962, is proud to have been consistently ranked among the "Best Places to Work" in Philadelphia and Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The company employs 450 employees.
Direct Reports: Controller, Manager of Credit and Collections, Manager of Warehouse Services, Executive Assistant/Purchasing Manager. Total reports are 30.
Teams: Accounting, includingAccounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll, Purchasing, Warehouse.
Position summary: The Vice President of Accounting and Operations provides the leadership, experience and drive necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational and internal controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and internal systems in place to ensure the highest operating efficiency. They will oversee the accounting of financial information, cash flow management, annual audits, sales tax and all required filings, PCI compliance collaboration with IS, capital budgets and warehouse operations.
The executive will handle contract negotiations, in addition will oversee vendor relationships, procurement and purchasing, facilities management and office space planning, health and welfare benefits, retirement and profit-sharing plans. Will collaborate with our executive team to optimize processes, procedures and implement improvements across the organization. Provide leadership to our accounting, purchasing, warehouse teams. Sets the bar high and drives continuous improvement across all functions.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and managementof the teams including managing work flow, ensuring deliverables are completed accurately and timely, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Manage all accounting functions including, but not limited to: General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Billing. Create accounting strategies to maximize profits.
- Work with team to develop effective cash forecasts and analysis and provide insights and strategies on cash management and outlook.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and implement a standardized approach for continuous improvement and change management for systems, processes, and staffing designed to meet objectives and growth of our organization using six sigma training/ lean process design.
- Work closely with our Information Technology staff to insure the accuracy and reliability of our ERP, Payroll and General Ledger systems.Providing guidance on technical accounting issues, specifically revenue recognition and sales tax compliance.
- Work with the Senior Vice President of Business Strategy and Analysisondevelopment, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Oversees all audits, multiple state and federal requiredtax filings and act as liaison with outside auditors.
- Manages company benefit plans including health insurance and retirement plans. Will work with Senior Vice President of Human Resources, insurance broker and carriers to evaluate and select plans. Implement internal processes for enrollment, payroll, carrier feeds and billing.
- Manages facilities including leasehold cost and budget, maintenance, services, renovations, engaging contractors and office space planning.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the company with clients, business partners and vendors.
Background and Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years in overseeing accounting functions including audits, multi-state taxes and regulations in a growing organization(s). Managing accounting, payroll, purchasing and operations teams. Management of large initiatives/projects, budgeting and forecasting, relationship management, proven process improvements.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial systems, procedures and policies, GAAP, latest accounting procedures and financialreporting.
- Experience in subscription-based businesses such as membership organizations, publishing, platform-based technology services.
- Strong cash management experience is required.
- Progressive management experience in an emerging growth business.
- Strong process orientation and hands-on experience improving processes across organizations required. Has a strong operational focus using KPIs and other metrics.
- Experience with ERP platforms, payroll and benefits systems.
- Skilled in Microsoft suite; proficient in complex accounting systems.
- Excellent financial and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Systems- Personify (order entry), Mas500 (general ledger, AP, project accounting, PO), Bassets (fixed asset system), Yooz (AP system), Ultimate Payroll, PlanSource (benefits admin), Concur (travel expense management), BizNet (reporting software).
- Managing and negotiation of company health insurance and retirement plans.
- Insurance policy renewals and coverage evaluation.
- Facilities management, leasehold cost and budget and office space planning.
Education and Certifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accountingrequired. An MBA is preferred.
- CPA Certification; continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirement.
- Six Sigma or Agile Certification is required.
This job description is for information only and not a promise of employment. ASI is an equal opportunity employer, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Diversity makes us better.