Vice President of Account Servicing Operations
Plans, organizes, directs, and controls all aspects of loan, insurance and account servicing and operations including debit and credit card programs (transaction approval and denial rules and configurations), associated member statements and account notices, settlement for payment networks (ATMs, Cards, etc.), and applicable vendor relationships. The Vice President-Account Servicing Operations also manages the content of various disclosure and agreement documents including those for new membership accounts (signature cards), changes to membership status (i.e. beneficiaries, joint ownership, etc.), and other related disclosures for deposit, consumer loan, insurance services, and card products and services as assigned. Responsible for recommending, developing, and implementing approved strategies for servicing enhancements to include forecasting and operating within approved income and expense projections, designing operational efficiencies (production management) all while maintaining quality and availability for members and employees for areas assigned.
PUPOSE STATEMENT: To develop and oversee the ongoing activities for operations servicing of our loanportfolio, membership, and insurance services products and oversight of our debit and credit cards, ATM and deposit platforms while ensuring internal and external resources are deployed effectively to fulfill the ongoing needs of our employees and members.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee loan, account, and insurance servicing to maximize efficient service to members and business partners with effective management of resource allocation and processing costs for both paper and digital images.
- Monitor card authorization strategies, implement best practices to have best in class card authorization rates and minimal fraud losses.
- Interact withother lines of business to improve and enhance operational performance of the payment and account servicing tools. Maintain awareness and expertise in solutions available and in use in the industry.
- Monitor and oversee assigned areas to ensure maximum operational effectiveness.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
- Participate in and make recommendations for product and service enhancements.
- Research, review, and implement approved card and payment association rules and regulations. Maintain regulatory compliance for assigned areas.
- Research, investigate and monitor activities within relevant industries for account servicing and payment systems enhancements, innovations, operational advancements, and other activities that improve ongoing production effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain industry relationships and serve on relevant committees or advisory groups that have a tangible benefit to Golden 1.
- Direct, train, supervise, and evaluate division leaders in sound management techniques.
- Research, analyze, recommend, and implement approved division budgets.
- Manage all vendor relationships within division, assuring that meet Golden 1 standards. Evaluate vendor relationships and operating agreements to ensure vendor performance meets or exceeds expectations and associated vendor expenses are competitive and favorable to Golden 1within marketplace. Be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to make decisions as needed, keep on top of current events and provide appropriate level of communication to management regarding production issues that impact members or employees for areas of responsibility.
- Oversee member communications in response to issues reported and subsequent actions to remedy or resolve. Review for trends that may indicate process issues and opportunities to improve/expand/replace existing services or products and act or recommend accordingly.
PHySICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to manage and evaluate staff, make presentations, prepare recommendations, perform analysis, and accomplish other managerial functions as listed.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal, personal computer and other standard office equipment including adding machine, telephone, and facsimile.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Management group, Information Technology, Loss Prevention, Marketing
- EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, government agencies, credit union industry associations, and peers in financial institutions.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum ten years of progressively responsible management experiencewithin a financial institution in cards, loan, and account servicing operations. Minimum of five years of direct supervisory experience.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Strong oral and written communication skills, office productivity software, loan and deposit processing, account and loan servicing operations, applicable regulations and procedures, and evolving industry trends Knowledge of the principles and methods of business administration, organizational and time management skills.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workdaywith occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Occasional travel locally, statewide, and nationally required to evaluate products and services, networkwith peers and attend conferences, seminars, and meetings. Overnight travel and evening schedules included.
- Unusually long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks.
- 24/7 Availability and accessibility
A valid California driver's license.