At HCA Far West Division, we are committed to supporting healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth. A career with one of our hospitals means security and stability, unmatched potential, flexibility in career growth and a team dedicated to the highest quality patient care and the improvement of human life. We welcome you to explore job opportunities with us.
The Vice President of Nursing Operations reports to the Division Chief Nursing Executive (DCNE).
The Vice President of Nursing operations will ensure efficient and effective deployment of nursing initiatives and processes and acts as key interface for cross functional initiatives and responsibilities (e.g., staffing and scheduling, recruiting, etc.).
- Develop a division framework and strategy to prioritize, delegate and execute initiatives that align with the enterprise strategy for nursing operations
- Provide feedback to corporate and division on cross-functional initiatives progress (e.g., recruiting, staffing and scheduling, etc.)
- Provided feedback to corporate on nursing initiatives, standards of care and clinical processes based on key performance metrics (e.g., turnover, contract labor, etc.)
Delivery and Operations
- Manager execution of nursing initiatives and strategies across the division
- Assist in the development of clinical protocols that use evidence based best practices to provide consistency and drive performance outcomes.
- Evaluate projects or initiatives strategic fit with the organization’s objective to guide the allocation of human, financial and technological resources
- Build strategic alliances and partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business strategies
- Interface with cross-functional division leadership to oversee initiatives impacting nursing (e.g., float pools, recruiting strategies, etc.) aligned with HCA corporate strategies and division goals
- Engage regularly with facility leadership and staff to identify unique operational needs and assist with development of action plans
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s DegreeRequired
Licenses, Certifications & Training
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors
- Skill in grasping the complexities and understanding intricate relationships among issues or problems.
- Skill in recognizing gaps in existing information that is important for fully understanding an issue or problem.
- Expert knowledge of clinical systems that support operational efficiencies as it relates to clinical nursing initiatives
- Knowledge of tools, systems, and evidence-based practices utilized to support nursing operations (e.g., staffing, scheduling, etc.
- The ability to use database software to enter, retrieve, sort, and filter information as necessary for reporting or report generation
- The ability to use intermediate/advanced features of spreadsheet software to analyze data including formatting summary tables, creating graphs and charts, and making calculations
- The ability to plan and manage projects, including assigned personnel, multiple competing project, or resource demands to meet project deadlines on time and within budget
Job Code: 09373-14796