Purpose of the role
Working closely with the SVP NYC, the VP NYC will play a significant role in new business development, helping to prospect for leads and leading credentials, RFIs and pitches. The VP will drive excellent, consistent and creative client service for client retention, growth and profitability. Championing a collaborative culture and providing hands-on development of our people is important in this role.
- Help build and retain a high-caliber and motivated team – inspire and nurture a first-class culture in which people can excel with a clear career path
- Develop strong relationships with clients, providing ongoing strategic consultancy and program insights and initiatives for retention and organic growth
- Ensure the delivery of excellent, consistent service and measurable business results to clients
- Manage business elements including client profitability and budgets
- Help drive new business activity, networking and developing strong prospect relationships
- Lead and deliver RFIs, credentials and pitches
- Champion the cascading of US clients across the LEWIS global network
- Present the strategic face of the agency to external audiences through speaker opportunities, interviews with the media etc
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging and supportive member of the US management team.
This is an opportunity to help grow something new based on your years of hands on experience winning, retaining and growing clients, and of managing accounts, delivering excellence. Leading by example, you are ever curious, passionate and self-driven. Inherently collaborative, you engage team members above and below you to achieve success for employees, clients and the business. You are able to forge strong relationships with eclectic senior stakeholders. You understand the relationship between PR, digital and traditional marketing. With some experience of b2b and/or consumer tech, your domain experience will help broaden the LEWIS offer in the US.
- 10-15 years PR/integrated comms experience; agency experience a must
- Experience in developing and managing B2C and B2B campaigns; tech sector experiencerequired
- Creative, passionate, fun and connected within the NYC PR and business community
- Proven track record of meeting goals; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- High level of business acumen, including successful commercial management
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and potential pitfalls
- Excel at managing and leading ambitious and creative people; a collaborative team builder who is able to instil accountability and empower people to succeed
- Knowledge of finance, operational/information systems, HR
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act, taking unpopular stands when necessary
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative
- Undergraduate (Bachelors) degree or higher.