The Vice President is an expert in Mystery Shopping and an excellent people manager and client relationship manager. This position is part of a team of researchers responsible for approximately $8MM of revenue. The Client Service Director provides senior level support and guides the team on research implementation including complex client projects. This position is heavily involved in new business development including writing proposal responses, study design, pricing and client pitch and report presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure overall client satisfaction and manage client relationships to generate more business
- Serve as a direct manager, coach and career mentor for senior team members, partnering with them to set their performance goals and providing regular feedback on progress to goals.
- Monitor performance of your direct reports on current projects to spot points where corrective actions are needed for successful project execution across quality, timing and budget.
- Provide targeted coaching on areas needing improvement, on an individual basis or to a broader group.
- Contribute to business development efforts with existing and new clients. Recommend, pitch and execute mystery shopping projects across a diverse set of clients.
- Own manage of specific projects, including day to day account and team management.
- Provide deliverables to match client needs, including but not limited to dashboards, data files, reports with a compelling story focused on answering client business objectives.
- Work with senior team members to execute best practice QA processes are followed on a consistent basis; recommend and implement new best practice processes as needed
- Partner with the senior team for strategic planning and development of specific plans to execute on the strategy.
Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduatedegree in marketing or business administration or other related field, ideally with a quantitative emphasis on data technology platforms or research methods
- A minimum of 10 years within the Market Research industry and a minimum of 7 years of full-time experience in Mystery Shopping
- Proven ability to create strong client relationships, demonstrating understanding of the client's business needs, delivering high quality results, being a trusted, easy-to-work-with partner.
- Proven ability to manage senior team members for success in current projects and long term career growth.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with team members and otherinternal teams.
- Strong pricing and budget management skills.
- Strong analytic skills and data manipulation skills (e.g., Excel, SPSS).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work in teams.
- Must be able to identify new business opportunities including cross selling.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Expertise with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and common statistical packages