Mental Health Systems, Inc. (MHS) was founded in 1978 to provide mental health and drug and alcohol rehabilitation services in an innovative and cost-effective manner. We continue to ensure that the delivery of these services conforms with the values highlighted on the cover of this directory. Our goal is to improve lives and instill hope by using new and creative treatment strategies while respecting time-proven methods of intervention.
MHS is a Drug-Free workplace therefore all staff must comply with Drug-Free Workplace requirements regarding alcohol and drug use. MHS performs post-offer substance abuse testing on all employees. MHS provides a full range of benefits to regular employees. These benefits include paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, partially paid employee health insurance, flexible spending account, paid employee long-term disability insurance, Company-sponsored Retirement Plan, and an individual employee-funded 403(b) plan. Eligibility for benefits is contingent upon employment status; see MHS Employee Handbook for full details.
The Vice President is responsible for the oversight and management of all assigned programs operated by MHS, including contract compliance, performance outcomes, administrative and clinical supervision, budgetary compliance, financial performance and community outreach.
- Trains and supervises Program Managers within Division related to clinical and administrative duties.
- Provides individual and group clinical supervision for Program Managers.
- Active member of MHS Leadership Team. Contributes to company policies and procedures, strategic planning, procurement of new business, and the advancement of clinical services.
- Ensures contract compliance; monitors and supervises achievement of program objectives.
- Monitors program operations and productivity; ensures ongoing, accurate quality assurance systems and improvement practices.
- Approves hiring decisions; assists with recruitment, retention strategies, and hiring of Program Managers.
- Assists Program Managers with performance feedback, disciplinary actions, and succession planning.
- Reviews and approves staff evaluations; completes Program Manager evaluations and salary increases and/or incentives as indicated.
- Ensures program budgetary compliance and prudent financial management.
- Ensures compliance with MHS policies and procedures including HIPAA standards.
- Guides programs to use evidence-based, best practices and innovative treatment.
- Attends relevant community forums to represent and promote MHS and its services.
- Corresponds with funders and County, State, or Federal representatives in order to maintain positive and transparent partnerships.
- Explores new and potential business opportunities within the region and actively participates in all aspects of development, including grant writing, strategic planning, and program design and start-up.
- Assists Grants Department as Subject Matter Expert, works with Program Financial Management to prepare proposed budgets, and reviews proposals/grants as needed.
- Attends County meetings, conferences, and regional associations and committees to improve County Systems of Care, collaborate with community-based providers, and promote MHS services.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth by attending in-service trainings and staff development programs, and seeking supervision/coaching when needed.
- For primary oversight of Substance Use Disorder (SUD) programs: A minimum of a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Sciences degree in social services, social work, or a related degree. A minimum of 5 years working in the field of SUD and/or behavioral health services and 2 years of supervisory / management / administrative experience. Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Certified preferred; Licensed or licensed eligible (LCSW, LMFT, Ph.D.) in the State of CA preferred.
- For primary oversight of Mental Health programs: A minimum of a Master's degree or Ph.D. degree in mental health, social services, or a related degree. A minimum of 5 years working in the field of mental health and/or behavioral health services and 2 years of supervisory / management / administrative experience. Licensed (LCSW, LMFT, Ph.D.) in the State of CA preferred.
- Experience utilizing and training on evidence-based and best practices.
- Experience providing individual and group clinical supervision.
- Experience developing, monitoring, and revising program operating budgets.
- Experience and understanding of County, State and Federal funding streams.